Who doesn’t love an estate sale? Or a good thrift shop? Check out my post on SC Johnson’s Family Economics {HERE} to find out how and where I find my crafting treasures, ( not where you might think!)
Oh, the thrill of the chase! Great article! Most of our tools were purchased at Estate auctions a few decades ago. If we were at the same sales, the one with the fastest tennies would win the prizes as I love to hunt for the same types of treasures!
I like to hunt for anything I can use in my art, stencil material. I found a brand new ott light for 5.00 and it made my heart beat fast...lol a good deal is a good deal
I love the way the way the wood has aged in that photo! Looks amazing! We have a second hand thrift chain here in Utah called Deseret Industries and that is where I find lot's of my Tonka trucks! :)
i so need to find some local places for goodies. Unfortunately, here in San Diego, everything costs a big penny. I'm off to read your SCJohnson article for some ideas.
Great book projects. I really like the pink motel. I didnt go but I did just read a blog post of someone who did. I will haveo ask if she saw your demo.
My craft/sewing room houses a lot of thrift store finds. Just to name a few:- desk, caddy, stamp holder, stickle holder. You can check 'em out here:- http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/
The old adage:- someone's trash is someone else's treasure! Sure works for me! :-)
Greetings from Chicago... I have enjoyed reading your blog. There is much to find at thrift stores around town here! I end up buying clothes for the fabric and altering them or turning them into something completely different... It's the cheapest way to get fabric!
10 comments:
Oh, the thrill of the chase! Great article! Most of our tools were purchased at Estate auctions a few decades ago. If we were at the same sales, the one with the fastest tennies would win the prizes as I love to hunt for the same types of treasures!
I like to hunt for anything I can use in my art, stencil material. I found a brand new ott light for 5.00 and it made my heart beat fast...lol a good deal is a good deal
Are you kidding me? Thrifting is now my lifeblood, haha! Love vintage, thrift, estate, yard, garage sales, any kinda junk shop, really. :)
Old sewing materials , magazines and papers , anything fabric with a small print ....
And chairs . There's no such thing as an ugly chair !
I love the way the way the wood has aged in that photo! Looks amazing!
We have a second hand thrift chain here in Utah called Deseret Industries and that is where I find lot's of my Tonka trucks! :)
i so need to find some local places for goodies. Unfortunately, here in San Diego, everything costs a big penny. I'm off to read your SCJohnson article for some ideas.
Great book projects. I really like the pink motel.
I didnt go but I did just read a blog post of someone who did. I will haveo ask if she saw your demo.
My craft/sewing room houses a lot of thrift store finds. Just to name a few:- desk, caddy, stamp holder, stickle holder. You can check 'em out here:-
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/
The old adage:- someone's trash is someone else's treasure! Sure works for me! :-)
A good thrift shop always excites me. You seem to discover a lot of great things. Thanks for posting.
Greetings from Chicago... I have enjoyed reading your blog. There is much to find at thrift stores around town here! I end up buying clothes for the fabric and altering them or turning them into something completely different... It's the cheapest way to get fabric!
Post a Comment