It’s time for another JSIM giveaway. And although I’ve done this one before, I think you’re all up to another shot at it. In fact, my first monogram giveaway was such a hit that I was commissioned to create monogram sheets for several non-winning readers after the fact.Monograms are a wonderful mark you can keep and use for life with a multitude of applications. Remember those antique album pages I posted for the taking, they would make beautiful frames for monograms.
Create your own apparel. Add some bling as well!
Hang a monogram gallery in your home.
To enter my vintage monogram giveaway, leave a comment on THIS blog post and make sure there’s a way for me to contact you if you win. Only one entry/comment per reader, please. (I will need to delete any 2nd comments to keep the numbers fair.) If I receive over 250 comment/entries, I will create monograms for two lucky winners!
DEADLINE TO ENTER IS MIDNIGHT PDT THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2009.
Winner(s) will be announced Friday, Sept. 25.
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding vintage monograms:
Q: Do you actually draw these monograms?
A: No. I scour through my large collection of monogram books and find matching initial combinations from existing vintage monograms. Occasionally, I will combine vintage initials to create a monogram.
Q: Can you supply 3-initial monograms?
A: 3-initial monogram matches are hard to find, but on occasion I have found several and will include them if I do and they are requested.
Q: Can I request a certain style of monogram?
A: No, sorry, I can only supply what I find in my resources.
Q: How are the monograms supplied to me?
A: Whether you win the giveaway or commission a set, you will be supplied with one 8.5" x 11" file in black and white and color in the following formats: PDF, EPS, JPG
Q: I notice some of the lines of some monogram art are rough and broken. Do you fix that?:
No. I scan the vintage images as I find them. To clean up the lines would take many, many hours. Some will have a shabby appearance that gives them an antique look.
Q: I’m not very savvy with the computer, how can I use these?
A: You can have a graphic or print service pull an individual monogram from the PDF file for enlarging, or printing. You might be surprised to find you have friends that may know how to do that. You can also simply enlarge and adjust with a copier from a printed PDF file
Q: Do I request my first and last initials?
A: Initials for monograms can be either be from a first and last name, a combination of two people’s names, two initials of a company name. I supply only one pair of initials per page.
Q: What can I do with custom vintage monograms?
A: The possibilities are endless. Here are just a few things you can make or do with them:
- Give a set as a gift
- Custom stationery. Letterpress would be gorgeous
- T-shirt Graphic, tote, apron, etc.
- Frame the image of the set or large individual monogram or a grouping of several smaller framed ones.
- Tattoo
- Blog Header
- Avatar
- Sandblast or etch onto a glass window, door, mirror, wine glasses
- Wedding invitations, napkins, favors
- Make a monogram your logo
- Rubberstamps
- Transfer onto fabric to make a set of unique throw pillows
- Have a monogram made into a vinyl adhesive image for your wall, or smaller one for the center of your car rear window or headboard
- Coffee mug set, print online with cafepress, zazzle, etc.
- Create your own patterned fabric on Spoonflower
- Transfer to leather for a wallet, keychain, or patch.
- Perfect designs for a little girl’s princess themed room, shabby chic room
- Place one in a locket or glass encased pendant. Make several for a charm bracelet.
- Use with traditional or digital collage






387 comments:
1 – 200 of 387 Newer› Newest»Much love for your blog. You have sparked many an idea in this designers brain! Keep the creative ideas coming!
I absolutely love the look of the monogram framed with the vintage album page. Thanks for all of the inspiration!
I love how you tweet about a giveaway, and I don't have to comment/follow/etc. to enter. Everybody wins!
Cathe,
Love your site, and this is a great giveaway!Just wanted to put my chances of winning in the bucket, as I love all the creative things you do!
Proof positive others do to, I have also had several comments on my company logo, which I am proud to tell them it was created by a high school alum and friend!
Peace to you lady and keep on being the creative soul you are! I love it!!
Char
Oops! I was talking about the freebie antique frames. Now I feel dumb!
But, commenting is totally cool too. Y'know. Just sayin.'
This blog is incredible. I read everyday, I just wish I was talented enough to make the stuff you do. Keep up the great work!
jessicaclarkdavis@gmail.com
How awesome! Count me in! If by any stretch, I should win, I would love a TBL -- for my biz monogram!
You are not only amazingly talented, but amazingly generous!!
Ruth
Ooh those are beautiful! I would just love to win!!
Count me in, Cathe. I LOVE your blog and all you do!
Great giveaway, the monograms are beautiful.
As always, I am amazed by your talent and generosity. You are one of my favorite bloggers!
i love this giveaway almost as much as i love your blog!
I'd love to enter this giveaway! I love monograms.
Have only discovered your blog fairly recently and your work is beautiful!
I love the Vintage Monagrams. My mom has this amazing Monagram pin she got years ago. I love it. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and freebies you provide. I think it is so sweet of you to do this giveaway!
Have A Great Day!
Jennifer
Hi! Just wanted to try my luck at winning won of your creations. This is my first time EVER posting on someone's blog even though I follow quite a few craft blogs. Your's has always been a joy to read, so intriguing, and very inspiring. Also, thanks for introducing me to Amazing Glaze embossing powder in your Monday post. It has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities!! Thanks again and good luck to me :)
amazing giveaway! i just love your blog & everything you do!!
They're beautiful! Wow. Very cool. I love your books, they're gorgeous. I didn't know such a thing existed.
Love Love Love it - just gorgeous!
Your blog rocks my socks!
evermoresoap at gmail dot com
count me in! so awesome! :D
cindyascott{at}yahoo.com
These are beautiful! I would love to win.
Just one little comment that has do do much about nothing of today:)Although the monograms are beautiful!!
I made a grocery bag this morning with your veggie gift set..one of them..and I love it..Thanks so much! I hope to get a good photo soon..I could have been more patient when transfering w/ the medium:(~
But I still love it!Your images are crisp and clear and lovely! So now I have made a nest and a bag:)
Merçi!
This would be so perfect for my sister's wedding!
Wow! I'd love to have a monogram made for me! I like finding the little metal monogram stencils at the Fremont flea market here in Seattle. There's one booth I know you'd just love, with all its bouquets of knitting needles and blows full of watch faces!
I would love a custom monogram ;-)
Btw, your blog is pretty awesome, I enjoy reading it very much!
Cathe, These monograms posted here are royal! I would be honored to win. Thank you so much for posting all the wonderful ideas you have. I look forward to your blog everyday.
Blessings,
Linda
kayinseptember@yahoo.com
White Linen ~ Lavender Field
I recently discovered your blog and I just love it. You are such an inspiration. Please enter me in your drawing
Barb
i love monograms! they are my new found obsession. your blog is great and i enjoy reading your posts!
I love your blog. I am always impressed by your talents! Thank you for great resources and inspiration. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I win the monogram. It would be a great gift for my birthday.
With gratitude,
Nancy (queenstamp@aol.com)
Gorgeous - I love vintage letters! How very kind of you.
I love these! Thank you for your inspiring cratiness!
Count me in! Love your blog...and this giveaway! :-)
It is a delight to read your blog - your creativity inspires me. Would you be willing to share the titles/authors of any of your monogram reference books? I've tried looking at the library and on-line, but haven't found any nearly as detailed as yours. Count me in on your give-away!
I've been following your blog for a while and I absolutely LOVE it. Can't wait to have some time off so I can try some of your projects I've put on my to do list...
Please count me in for the prize draw, my e-mail is fataverdemaligna *at* hotmail.com
I love reading your blog, and all of the free graphics that you share. :-)
survey[at]peters2japan[dot]com
What a great give away! Thanks!
Oh Cathe, I so want your mongrams! Count me in. Sally sjhackney@yahoo.com
These are lovely! I would be thrilled to win!
I've found lots to like on your blog! You share so many creative ideas.
This is so cool! I love your blog!
My favorite idea is the monograms in the vintage frames! Adorable!!!
You know I love your blog Cathe! I would love to win a set of your vintage monograms.
Please add me to your list for this charming giveaway. I looove your blog
I never win these things, but here goes. I hafta try.
I absolutely love your site and love what you do!
Laurel
Oh, I have to win this!! I am CROWN bindery (who am I kidding... I am Carla... my life is Crown Bindery)! I love monograms and would love one really special one to adorn my own personal journal binders.
I cannot wait until you call me and let me know that I have won!! How exciting to tell others about my big win on my fave blog. Have a great day! Carla
I love monograms, but I would especially love one created by YOU! You are so talented and creative, thanks for offering the chance to win!
Wow! How beautiful! All your stuff is fabulous. Thanks for sharing!
kate_smith@integra.net
So generous of you to offer this giveaway! I would be delighted if you enter my name.
Thanks!
This is so cool, Cathe! You do not cease to AMAZE and delight me {and your zillions of fans!}! This is just about the coolest give-away I have ever seen! Good, clean fun!
I can't pass up this great giveaway! I've only been following your blog for a couple of weeks and already have a backlog of new projects to try...lol. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks for the giveaway, Cathe! I think the lucky winners could design some lovely Christmas cards around their monogram.
What a great giveaway. I love vintage and I love monograms. Thanks!
Lorrie
The framed monograms are stunning! I love your work.
I love these and your blog! Awesome!
http://peebsandroo.blogspot.com/
www.peebsandroo@gmail.com
Awesome giveaway as usual. Love monograms and vintage fonts. Count me in. LindaSonia (baddabinda@yahoo.com)
that looks very cool! thanks for the giveaway!
cvv0217@gmail.com
Monograms are so...classy! I would love a chance to win a sheet of them!
Also, a question: Do you have a waiting list for design/branding work?
Thanks...
I'm feeling lucky on this one.
You're so cool.
I'd love to frame it or put in on a pillow. And to use it as a stamp on presents and letters... So many uses for a monogram!!!
Oh how fabulous!~~~XXOO, Beth
I'm a newcomer, but I'm already LOVING the blog! :)
What a great giveaway!
Would love a monogram from one of the all time bestest bloggers ever!
I love the crown above the monogram. Your ideas are always so clever.
I love monograms, but I haven't found one for me or my family yet- I'd love to win!
Another Great Giveaway from a most talented host! Count me in!
I have told you before that I am one of your biggest fans. I love the monograms and would love to have one. Please enter me...sharon
Oh, what a fun giveaway!
oh, please pick me! i love monograms and all things vintage. i am already dreaming of all the projects i could do . . .
Hi your creations are amazing! I wish I had more time to read your blog and soak it all in..lol!
XO
~Christine
These are beautiful!
Love them! they're beautiful!
I hope I win. I love all the cool ideas you come up with!
YOU'RE SO CRAFTY!!!
jakemelissajakea@aol.com
Oh, I'm so excited to have a chance. I missed the first give away! I think your blog is great and would love to be the winner (that's my 15th wedding anniversary, so it would be an awesome gift!)Thanks for all of the inspiration! dupcodeb@yahoo.com
What a great giveaway! Thanks, I hope I win, fingers crossed.
I love looking at your creations :)
My name has 4 initials...any chance a monogram could be made with 4 letters?
How gorgeous! What a great idea to personalize my new home...thanks for giving us such an inspirational and artistic site!
Monica
tscones@yahoo.com
What a great giveaway. I love the crowns with them, they look great. We have firefighting husbands in common;)
Natilie
Count me in!! I would love one! I love monograms! Love your page too! Thank you!!
These monograms are fabulous! I love your site!
Kittykhmb@yahoo.com
Count me in!!!
krisocho(at)hotmail(dot)com
Oh I would just love to win these monograms. I enjoy your blog everyday and so appreciate all your wonderful ideas. thank you so much !!!! Linda
Just found your blog - amazing work and a lovely site. Please enter me in your give away. What fun! You can reach me at cooper@swva.net.
You create such wonderful designs~ I love them all!
Thank you for doing a Giveaway!
I absolutely love monograms and your creations are beautiful. I love all of the scrolls and detail. Thanks for having this giveaway and I hope I win!
I am a new reader to your blog and am loving it. It inspires me and these monograms are fabulous. Oh, I do hope I win!
Cathe, I am very excited about this!! If I win, I would like the letter 'Z'. Love you!!!!!!
That is an awesome prize.... I can think of so many cool uses for an old school monogram!
What a great blog, so creative. Thanks for all of the graphics and great ideas.
your blog is sooooo inspirational and I love your monograms....how beautiful would GF look in vintage monogram style...
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth
Seeing the framed monograms have given me many great decorating ideas! Always looking for something to "spark" my interest and these sure did!
I would love a vintage monogram! lindseyjocoker@gmail.com
This would be a great one to win. Thanks!
I love, love, love your blog and am truly amazed by your creativity. I would be thrilled to win a monogram and thanks for all the wonderful ideas!
***smiles***
Carol
I just recently found your blog and LOVE it!!! Monograms are the best - I have M's all over our house! Thanks for the chance to win.
Oh, my goodness! This has got to be the best give away! How I adore a fabulous monogram! These vintage styles are only a thousand times better than any of the newer "college girl" looking designs that are so popular. They may be fine for a coozie, but I'm thinking linen! Beautiful work!
how cool! another list of wonderful ideas!!!
what a wonderful idea! the monograms are lovely!
Really incredible idea for a giveaway. I'd love one of those!
Hi Cathe,
I've always wanted a fancy Monagram. I hope you choose me.
Emanda
"EJ"
www.ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com
great ideas, I would have never thought of so many myself! Thanks for the opportunity!
micaela6955 at msn dot com
Ooooh! I am crossing my fingers! WHat a wonderful giveaway! Thanks for doing this again!
really cool - unlike anything else I've seen!
Thank you very much for the entry in your giveaway! :)
MutheringHeights@gmail.com
Please count me in for the chance to win the awesome monogram. You are so generous (and as always, bubbling with creative ideas)!Thanks- Mary
Thank you for doing this wonderful Giveaway, Cathe! I think you are beyond generous with your blog on a daily basis, but then to offer this personalized attention~WOW!
I would love to have my monogram done. I am SURE I won't be requesting our youngest son's monogram: "TP". We thought about this problem as a source of schoolyard teasing, but we wanted to name him after my brother "Trevor" even more... besides, toilet paper is very important, right?
Ooops! I forgot to leave you a way to contact me if I win, as you requested. I'm sure I will see it when you announce it here~ I LOVE your blog!
eringlee (at) sbcglobal.net
Wow, I've never thought about having my initials in my own monogram. Now, you've got me thinking...and I LOVE it! Please count me in too.
jrruskamp@msn.com
What a great idea - using vintage monograms. You always have such unique ideas! I love beautiful lettering - the first "stamp" (really an old printer's block) I purchased, way back in college, was an illuminated 'M'. Now that I'm married, I have a cool 2 letter monogram... ME :)
gorgeous monograms, would love to win a set!! thanks for all the inspiration your blog provides!
These would be so fun to have. Three of the four people in my family have the same initials which would make these really useful! You have a great creative mind. I love following all you do!
I love, love, love your blog! What a great giveaway, thanks!
Val
veewerdeen@garrifulio.mailexpire.com
So many creative ideas I get from you and your blog. Don't ever stop writing please!
Oh I am so excited you are having another monogram giveaway! Love the new flowers your doing!
Thanks for the chance to win some of your great work!
Tracey
Wow! I would love a monogram!! How so very sweet of you! Crossing my fingers...
I just found your super blog a week ago, and can't get enough! I would love-love-love any monogram you would come up with. Thanks for your blog.
Gotta add my name to the list. I just recently found you blog. I really enjoy the creativity and inspiration.Thanks!
I would love to win! Thanks for the giveaway!! :)
Thank you for the contest!
Oh Ah! should I enter.,, maybe not...Oh heck yeah! please enter me...I love the shirt...my girls would go gaga for one of those...thanks for a fun givaway
What a great giveaway!
yay another opportunity to win a monogram!!! Sign me up :0) Thanks for your generosity! Blessings, Katy
Count me in for the giveaway! You have so many great ideas!
Oh, yes. I'd lvoe to be included. Thanks so much, d_rogal@hotmail.com.
Those monograms are amazing!
margretheaasjohnsen @ gmail dot com
Beautiful monograms and a great giveaway! Thanks!
piecesofthesky{at}gmail{dot}com
Oh I am so excited! Count me in...I always love hoppin' over to see what is new on your blog. Thanks!
Chelsea
I don't often enter giveaways but this one I can't pass up. I would love to win this. I can think of a million things to do with this.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed big time!
I would so love to win the Vintage Monogram sheet they are amazingly beautiful
I think I barely made it! What a great giveaway. :)
I love monograms and have tried, and failed, at designing a monogram for myself before. These are beautiful, particularly in the frame gallery.
Great giveaway! You have such great style.
Hi Cathe! I would LOVE to win one of these creations from you sweets!! Please throw my name in the basket....and I'm so glad you're here Cathe, thanks for sharing all you do! xxoo, Dawn
Fab monograms. I still have some napkins and tablecloths my nan embroidered with her monogram for her dowry. They are so lovely.
We just bought our first home, and I have been searching high and low for fantastic monograms, so was excited when I heard about this!
Everything you do is amazing, and I would LOVE my own monogram! :)
Lisa
lisalwhite1 at yahoo dot com
I just love your blog I found out about it about a week ago and went through all of it :o) You have really sparked my creativity anthrilliel @ gmail.com
Hi,
This will be my very first time entering a giveaway! I have just recently found your blog. I love your creativity and the feeling of inspiration I feel after visiting your blog.
Your blog inspires me everytime you post. Glad i discovered this blog a few weeks ago and i would love to win a vintage monogram. They look so pretty printed!
Dear Cathe!
Absolutely adorable! As always :-)
I just ordered a book with victorian monograms via amazon. Your are amazing! I also read your intervies with that craft-magazine. My inspiration or the best craft-ideas hit me shortly before I fall asleep, so I always have a notepad (yes, the nice denim-one, you postet months ago) at my bed.
Thanx-thanx-thanx for sharing!
They remind the embroided towels my grandmother did when she was younger and could see better.
Beautiful
Please add me to the drawing...I know I have the ability to frame one! I'm at least that clever! :)
These are so awesome and versitile. Please enter me!!!
I so want to win!!! Fingers crossed!!
Thank you for all the ideas and inspirations.
It is so kind from you to offer this giveaway! I would be delighted if you enter my name to participate.
Many greetings
Tatjana
rosebears ( at ) yahoo. de
Your monograms are divine!
victoria@hopkins.net.au
Beautiful monograms!
I'll jump on this bandwagon again! I love finding out just how many people you can get to comment - if only I were half so cool!
Oh boy, these are just lovely. Even if I don't win, I see another commission in your future! I have so many projects envisioned that my head is spinning! ;-)
You're amazing, by far the best blog on the web no question.
Love the monograms
Fleamarkettrixie@comcast.net
my home is full of your projects. Thanks for all the blog ♥ you share with us.
I've got my ideas all ready for the monogram....fingers crossed!
You are incredible, so talented. You inspiere many people. I visit your site every day. Thanks for all your inspiratiosn.
Marta
I love how these look framed!
juliet.a@juno.com
they are adorable and your blog is the best!
These are really pretty. Thanks for the chance to win.
love your ideas and hope to win
You have the best ideas...Love these mongrams!!
Wow, Cathe, I would LOVE a monogram!
The easiest way to find me is at my blog: http://caityquilter.com
They are fantastic! I'd love to have them.
I am crazy about your giveaway - and everything else you do. Your site is one that I read everyday.
I love this. I used a vintage monogram on my wedding invitations, and I like to think of it as our logo. Come to think of it, I should really put that on my blog! I would love to have more from your collection! Thanks!
jdavissquared.blogspot.com
jennifer.mae.davis@gmail.com
Cathe, these monograms are awesome!! Thank you for the great giveaway opportunity!
orange.rose27@gmail.com
Love free graphics :) Here's my entry!
I'd love to have a chance to win one of your wonderful monograms.
Sign me up!
I love, love, love your blog! I've given you more words of praise on my blog The World According to Jelly!
I am so glad to have stumbled upon your very creative blog. Your inspirations are a boon to this mixed media hopeful artist. And the giveaway is just gravy!
Anna
www.annasplaceofholding.blogspot.com
anna,pamprdchef@gmail.com
Thanks for the giveaway! You come up with the most amazing ideas, I'm always inspired!
Would just love to win one of your gorgeous monograms. What beautiful work you do...thank you!
Cathe, your monograms are incredibly beautiful. I'm a jewelry-maker, so I'd have to have one in a vintage locket, of course, and they'd look fabulous appliqued onto pillows for the bedroom and customized stationery, as you mentioned. Thanks so much for the chance to win!
-Sarah
sarahetimmons@gmail.com
You have the most amazing ideas! Thanks for all the inspiration!
Love the idea of hanging them on the wall! Thanks for the great ideas!
What a cool giveaway! Very unique!
Dear Graphics Fairy, this seems like a good opportunity to thank you for your generosity in sharing your talents, time and resources. Thank you! I have had so much fun using your images in gifts - can't wait to do a Boo garland next.
I grew up with 'initial pins' and would love a monogram from you.
Thanks so much,
Marilyn
I Love your blog - it's the best!! Thanks for being so generous and sharing your creations. A monogram of my own would be such a thrill -
I love monograms! You're so talented :-) You give us such great ideas...love your blog!
These are just beautiful! I recently found your blog and really enjoy it!
Carla
I would be THRILLED to win this awesome giveaway. :-) I learned how to embroider monograms several years ago...I'd put them on EVERYTHING!
Please throw me in the hat too!
Blessings,
Spencer
I LOVE monograms! These are beautiful! Pick me!
I have recently discovered monograms and absolutely love them! I want to put one on the wall over my canopy bed. I think it will make a very polished look. Thanks for all your great ideas!
Love the monograms!~
Love your blog! I am crossing my fingers!
Jen
i love the monogram frame montage idea!
Wow, lots of comments already. I'm still going to add my name and cross my fingers.
Darla
Wow...these are beautiful! I love the idea of monograms as art in of themselves!!!
Monogram me!
beautiful! great ideas as well
Thank you!
oh my goodness you are AWESOME for doing this again!! how FUN!! i absolutely LOVE your talent and really appreciate ALL that you share!! Thank you for this opportunity at winning such a COOL giveaway!! Have a FANTASTIC day!! :D
Your blog is one of my favorites. Something wonderful every time! Count me in for the monogram.
martha at barretblake dot com
You are so fun Cathe......always look forward to coming to your blog every day to see what you have created!
mthimjon@aol.com
Yay, I'm so excited. I entered the first monograghm givaway and now I get a second chance. thank you!
Yay! I was hoping you would do another giveaway like this! Thanks Cathe!
Your creativity always blows me away...and would love the chance to win something made by you.
so beautiful! wonderful giveaway :)
Are you kidding me? That would be the most fabulous thing ever!!!
Thanks for the chance!!!
Love these monograms; they are gorgeous!!!! I would love to win and I see I'm not alone haha I love all your work; I've been following your blog for awhile and I'm never disappointed. Thanks for sharing!!
Theresa in MS
theresainms@hotmail.com
What a great giveaway! As someone without a lot of art/craft creativity, I appreciate the inspiration I find in your blog posts.
Thanks,
Cindy
reviewlady (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gorgeous! And such a cool giveaway too.
elaina.avalos at gmail dot com
I just confessed my addiction to your blog to my good friend Rose. It appears I am in very good company! I didn't read ALL of the comments, but I agree with your adoring readers - you are not only incredibly talented, you are generous and entertaining. Thank you.
I love Cathe Holden and all of her amazing crafts! Truly an inspiration!!
What fantastic graphics! I would love a chance to find my creative side with these images! Thanks, Cathe!
Love these monograms! So elegant. I especially love the one on the T-shirt.
Following your blog daily. You are so creative very talented.
Wayyyy cool..Thanks for doing such an awesome giveaway..
Unique2wh0 (at)aol(dot)com
Post a Comment