Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It’s a Bling Thing

I received a fabulous CAbi tapestry jacket a couple of years ago from my mother-in-law and I wanted a blingy T-shirt to peek out from under it for casual wear with jeans, so I made my own.
I uploaded my artwork (my monogram) to CafePress , ordered and received the shirt, then embellished it with heat crystals. It couldn’t have been easier. I purchased the Bejeweler crystal heat wand at Michael’s Crafts, but you can also order it and the crystals online HERE. The wand was a little pricy, but I had my 40% off coupon, I’m sure.
This was an extremely easy project with minimal blisters.




The jacket is currently on loan to a girlfriend, but here is the finished T-shirt after multiple washings, and not one crystal loss. Sparkly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet tee! I love it. Now you are a clothing designer too??? That is really cute. I love the jacket too! You are "Crafty Cathe" to say the least!
Love it
T

Stela said...

Look so good!! Great job!!

Little Lovables said...

That looks great! I so wish I had graphic design skills to make my own logos and such.

Where Our Treasures Are said...

I just love sparkly things. The t-shirt looks great and I bet it looks even better peeking out from behind that lovely jacket. You are truly my inspiration. I'm probably going to go out now and buy one of those tools and sparkle up my wardrobe.

Fancy said...

That is adorable...I can't believe you made that..clever!