It’s due time I gave something away, don’t you think? You may or may not know that I am a graphic designer by trade, specializing in logo design. Therefore, I have an extensive reference library of related material, but one of my favorite collections of books are my volumes of vintage monogram designs. Monograms are essentially personal logos, after all, and I love any chance I get to use them.
A few months back, a JSIM reader asked about the CH monogram in my blog header and where it came from. I told her I collected monogram books and to email me her initials. I went through all my books, scanned and scanned, and sent her a sheet of monograms containing her two and three initials, as shown. I can’t possibly do that for everyone, but I can do it for a giveaway winner, right?! So let’s have a giveaway!

If you are the winner of the Vintage Monogram Giveaway, you will receive from me: One digital sheet of various monograms of your very own two and three initials. I will scout through all my monogram and cypher books, scan any that apply, throw in your name in some fabulous script typefaces- (why not!), and create a personalized sheet just for you. I will provide the art in various digital file formats for print and web. You can use your monograms for stationery, rubberstamps, pattern design, blog design elements, avatars, Etsy shop logo, signatures, and more! And, unless you plan on changing your name, you can use these forever!
To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is follow my blog (see link in right column), and post a comment letting me know you’re entering. If you already follow my blog, thank you, just comment that you are entering, (so easy!) You MUST leave a way for me to contact you in case you win. DEADLINE TO ENTER IS Midnight, Saturday, May 16. I will pick a winner and post their name on Sunday. Good luck!
UPDATE: Deadline extended one extra day! CLICK HERE for more info and great monogram eye-candy!
TO PURCHASE A SET OF CUSTOM VINTAGE MONOGRAMS, CLICK HERE!

219 comments:
1 – 200 of 219 Newer› Newest»I am entering:) I love monograms..to bits.What a nice idea.Imagine that.. Over the web!!
I follow and also love monograms. How cool!
I am a follower and really love monograms! I can think of a million ways to use these! Thanks!
I'm SO entering this one! I've been lurking around your blog lately. Happy to follow! Thanks for the motivation...
I AM ALREADY A FOLLOWER. PERSONAL MONOGRAMS WOULD BE SO FUN! HOW NICE OF YOU.
What a fun giveaway! I'm an avid follower of your blog...it is the absolute only one that I check in on every single day! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity.
Lovely! What a wonderful prize to be able to win. Thank you!
I've always wondered about yours too! Just love it and would be so excited to win...count me in :0) ~ Katy
New follower. Fellow designer. Love your workspace! Nice idea for giveaway.
Oooooh, I wanna win this one!
I would love to win this! I'm a follower. A generous offer, thanks for the chance to win! These monograms are beautiful!
katie at dekabyte dot com
Hi Cathe!
I would love to win a new monogram for my biz!! I already follow your blog, so I'm officially asking you to enter me!! Beautiful work! :)
Ruth
Woo hoo! This is a great giveaway. I love monograms. (And also, your blog.) I already follow.
:)
Hey, Cathe! I'm a follower and I LOVE this idea!
Please enter me, I already follow your blog and love it. What an awesome giveaway!
who doesn't love a monogram? i would love one! too cute!
I am sure I won't win, because I won last time but heck I am a monogram junkie so I'll at least show some support and get your comment number up high!
ooo this would be a dream to win. Love monograms almost as much as I love font styles. Count me in. LindaSonia
oh man, i just love monograms! count me in.
I am already a follower and would love to be the winner of your monogram set. I'll keep my fingers crossed!! Thanks for doing such a nice thing and for always having a inspiring blog. Stacey
sddrvt@yahoo.com
Oh count me in! I already follow you in my reader, and would luv a monogram!
I am one of many (you have a lot)of your followers. Always a pleasure to visit your blog and see your creations. Fantastic giveaway...I love vintage monograms!
This is way cool! I LOVE initials & monograms. I've been a follower of your blog for awhile. I'm so inspired by your blog. Thanks for all you share with us.
Nerissa
New follower, new blogger & monogramaholic...I'd love a little art for my page.
I can't wait to return.
Oh. my. goodness! I am soooo entering! Already a follower and a major monogram-aholic. I sew and make embroidered gifts so I obviously love monograms. I have tons of ideas already spinning through my head about what I could do with these if I won! Any chance you'd want to barter if I lost?
Your monograms are wonderful (especially that monogram with the crown, it's fabulous!) and I would love it if I won. So ... enter me, if you will, please. :)
How awesome! Please enter me in your drawing - and then pick me!
I follow already. This would be such a lovely gift for my step mom, she is gracious and wonderful.
This looks like so much fun! and yes, I have been following your blog for a while. The inspiration you give us thru the things you made.....I thank you!!
Love your blog! Im new to this whole internet net "thing" and just happened to stumble on your blog. I love the pictures of your studio. Keeping my fingers crossed that i win.
I love monograms. How neat would it be to have this!
How kind of you! I have been following your blog and will, of course, continue!
Thanks for all the inspiration you provide.
Already following! :)
I've been following and this giveaway is brilliant!
I'd love to be entered to win the monograms, Cathe.
What a generous idea to spread a little happiness!
What a lovely giveaway! Monograms are so romantic! I am already a follower.
Thanks!
i am a follower..please enter me in your wonderful givaway...how sweet of you!
http://annsimaginationcreations.blogspot.com
thanks.
I'm so in! I'm a follower and enjoy your blog very much!
Please enter me! I used a vintage monogram on my wedding stationery, and would love to have more! Thanks!
jennifer.mae.davis@gmail.com
jdavissquared.blogspot.com
Love it, I'm in!
Consider me entered. Thanks Cathe!
i follow you in my reader, does that count?
if so, please enter me as well, i love your work!
Wow, I would love to use one for my calling cards. I've been working on the design for months now and as soon as I saw those monograms, I know just what to do!
Hello,
I've been following you for a while now, keep up the creative work! I'd love to have my monogram! Thanks!
lhalnan@earthlink.net
Ok, so this is a totally cool and sweet idea, and I'd love to enter to win a monogram. (There are soo many ways to use them!) Oh, and I've been a follower for a while, too :)
I have a minor in graphic design, so I'm a typography-weanie. :) I get way too excited about things like this. LOL! I'm following you now.
Been reading your blog for a couple months....HUGE fan! Thanks for all the inspiration and for offering such a wonderful giveaway!
I'm throwing my entry into the hat. My fingers are crossed and I'm holding my breath. Oh, and wishing REALLY hard that I win.
Whitney
I follow, and have for several months!!! and told my daughter about it too. What a FUN give-away. lastar900@yahoo.com
The monograms are really lovely. I already follow you. Count me in. Thank you.
Beky Melbourne, Australia
You are the Pied Piper, Cathe. I am following. Count me in your giveaway. The monograms are super! And thank you...
I'd love to get my very own monogram :-)! I'm already a follower of Your blog via bloglovin.com.
I keep my fingers crossed ;-)!
Have a nice day!
Greetings from Anette in Sweden
Hello from France ! Every day, I'm visiting your beautiful blog and congratulations for your talent and for your fabulous ideas. I'm entering ... and follow this giveaway. Sorry for my poor english !
Anne Françoise
Hello, I have been a follower for quite some time now and would LOVE to enter this great give away.
Hugs from Marian♥
I love monograms! Please count me in. Thank you!
Just stumbled on your great site last week, and would love to enter, too...thanks!
oh yes, oh yes! of course i follow you and a monogram would just come perfect as i am working on a banner for my blog right now.. i'd be so happy to win!!
I am a follower now, and I am entering your giveaway, I love monograms..!
: )
Hugs, Jenny
Wow what a fun giveaway Cathe, I have been following for quite sometime and am always so excited to see what new things you are posting. FUN!
Been following you for a while! Love the monograms, thanks!
I'm a follower. LOVE the monograms... :)
I would love to win, what an awesome prize! Love following your blog and seeing all your lovely work.
I'm entering, Cathe. You know I follow, but now it's the official way.....Can that qualify me to enter twice??!! :)
I'm a follower and am officially entering! Your monograms are Lov-er-ly! Thanks for the chance to win! Have a super day!
I love the things you make. I'm a follower via RSS. dpierce2007@comcast.net
I follow, Cathe! Very cool giveaway! =)
Ok! I want this. Please enter me. I must confess, I have been reading your blog just about every day already. But now I have officially signed up. Please Miss Mongram Fairy choose me.
Sandi
Impatient Cajun
leon9801@bellsouth.net
I am entering the contest. I adore monograms! I'm a southern girl so it's in my blood to love them :-)
What a sweet idea! I'll jump on the and wagon and throw my name in the hat, too. I've officially become a follower, but your blog has been on my blog list in my sidebar for a while now. :)
I am also a graphic designer, I love monograms! I would love to own a piece of history.
A monogram?! Yes, yes count me in. So exciting. From one of you followers, Sally Hackney sjhackney@yahoo.com
I already subscribe to your blog. I so enjoy your posts and your many projects. Some are on my "to-do" list. What a wonderful giveaway. I hope I win! lynnosborne[at]verizon[dot]net
Oooooooooooo! I would love your monograms! I've been "branding" our family and have been using G5 on things. Wouldn't it be cool to have stationary and envelopes with your cool monogram? I just want to say "pick me - pick me - pick me"!
oh... please please! i follow as well! :)
I follow your blog..LOVE it! I am also entering for the monograms!
Very original and creative idea! Sign me up!
I would love to enter! How beautiful!! My photography website is getting a makeover soon and those would be perfect!
I love this!! Enter me! Thanks!!
I have to win! I love monograms!
Love the monogram!!
www.chickentattoo.blogspot.com
just started following and love your blog
Definitely already a follower-and great admirerer! I would absolutely love the monograms-how generous of you! Have a terrific day!
I am entering. What a great idea! I love your blog. :)
Wow Cathe! This is a really great and unique giveaway! I do follow your blog and would love to win. Thanks!
I'm a follower and I'm entering the monogram contest.
You have such a unique and interesting site. Thanks for the contest AND for the great freebies on your site.
GREAT idea and what FUN too!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!! i would LOVE to enter and if you click my name you will be directed to my blog AND a way to contact me.... but i will check in, too, since i am a daily visitor!! :) Have a WONDERFUL day!
OMG! I must win!!!
I have been a google reader follower for a long time....
quilt(at)centurytel(dot)net
I am already a follower, yay.
This is a great give away, everyone likes to see their name looking special and pretty.
Thanks
This is a great giveaway...please enter my name!
Chandra-chanj72@yahoo.com
Oh Pretty Please pick me...I adore all things monogrammed!!!
WooHoo! I did it, following and leaving a post. Monograms are such a lovely tradition. I love the idea of a vintage style monogram. Good luck and if needed I'm sarah@vineyardsky.com!
I'm already a follower, I'm in love with monograms - I think this would be perfect!
oh i love vintage! I'm already a follower.
Sign me up! I'd love my own monogram!
I just stumbled over your blog through another and just love it. This giveaway is a great one so count me in . Thank you and will follow.
Hello!
I am entering! I would love a fancy vintage monogram for my gourds! Thank you!! Wendy
Wow Cathe what a sweetie you are (but I already knew that! ♥)
What a fun giveaway!! Who doesn't love a beautiful monogram!!
and of course I already follow you!!
~TidyMom
Oooh-I would love to win! Fun!
OOoh.. I hadn't been following, just reading every day - old skool.. but this is too good to resist! Thanks!
I signed up to follow your blog on Google, but I already check in EVERY DAY to your wonderful site... a virtual motherload of inspiration! I too am a monogram maniac and would be so very happy if I happen to win! - Amy Bauer amy@usdemolition.com
New follower. Please enter me. I am going to try my hand at changing one of my blogs to 3 column. Thanks for the tip.
I'm a follower and would absolutely love to get a chance on this giveaway, I love monograms! Thanks for being so generous!
I just recently found your blog and started following. I love the monogram giveaway idea. Count me in! kaseyau@gmail.com
What a wonderful offering. That would be the perfect signature for the back of my cards., oooh and what great little hand towels for the quest bathroom, monogrammed pendants, wedding invites.....and on and on...
I am a huge fan from Norway and also a fellow graphic designer. I have made monograms for lots of friends for their weddings, but somehow I get a creative mental block when it comes to my own... It would be great to see what you would make of the letters E + TS :-) So now I'm crossing my fingers and hope I will win!! ericasvane@hotmail.com
what a fabulously creative giveaway!
I just subscribed. Been following your blog for a time now, but just now figuring out to subscribe to blogs to make it easier. LOL
Would love to win these monograms.
This must be the greatest giveaway ever! I would love to be entered in the draw and I am allready a follover of your fab blog!
tonjealmnes at hotmail dot com
Cathe, I am already a follower and would LOVE to win this generous, one-of-a-kind gift! Thanks so much for sharing your talents!
Please enter me in your Vintage Monogram Giveaway!
Smiles, Christine
Already a follower. Would LOVE to win! Those look awesome. Wonder if anyone has the same initials?
I'm already a follower, and would love to enter your contest -- so generous of you, thanks! Always looking forward to what you create. :)
love your blog and the inspiration I find here. Please enter my name in your giveaway for the monograms. Love, love, love anything monogramed!
Hi Cathe! I would LOVE this girl...what a wonderful giveaway! Please throw my name into the hat ~ and I'm already following your blog which I love! xxoo, Dawn
Wow -- what a wonderful giveaway. Of course, I would love to win -- who wouldn't?! ;) Thanks for the great chance. :)
Happy creating,
Birgit
swappinghowdies@yahoo.de
Very cool! Thank you for the opportunity!
secretcake (at) yahoo (dot) com
Hi Cathe
There are 117 comments already! I follow your blog and would love to win a monogram and can be contacted by email via my blog.
Don't envy you the task of choosing a winner and wonder how many will have signed up to the giveaway by the time the deadline is reached?
I'm entering, I'm entering. I'd love to have some monograms!
this is such a great giveaway! Thank you!
i am a follower!! yay!! and i love your blog. thank you for having a giveaway!!
Pick me. Pick me! :-)
This is exciting!! What a wonderful gift. Thanks
Awesome! I'm in.
I'm a follower and I'd love to enter! Thanks for the chance to win this generous giveaway.
lovely giveaway! i'm now a follower of your blog :)
I am a follower and I love monograms and initals! What a great job you have!
Thanks!
Tracey
jtjireland@cox.net
Sign me up for the mongram contest! I am getting married in September and it would be so fun to have the monograms to start my new life! Thanks!
I am a brand new blogger here and this is my first time to enter a give a way..I am so excited! Just love your spot on the net! Thanks.
I'm following.
Pick me.
Pick me!
I must win!! I am entering and I am also a follower.
I am working on a wall of M's at my office!! This would be perfect.
Mindy
princessandthebeads@gmail.com
I am a follower and would be grateful for a monogram. Very generous!
I'm a follower already, and love everything you do!
I'm now following! I hope you pick my name! :0
How Fun!!! I want to enter. And I am already a follower. Thanks
What a great idea! i am already a faithful follower and i so enjoy you creativity!
I JUST found you via White Linen-Lavendar Fields and I am using some of your wonderful comments/email logos. Come visit when you have time. I adore your creative blog...sharon
wao! Soooooooooooo beautiful! I was going to ask you actually...
so here I am, following this awesome and inspiring blog! :)
I am entering and I already follow you...what a great giveaway idea.
I am entering as well...your blog is so lovely and I enjoy it very much.
YEA! I am a follower. Beautiful work!
Marvelous give-away! Finger crossed to win!
nt
You know I'm entering this momogram give away!!!!!!
Love your gadgets and your "Creative mind"....Rock on girl...~Kathy~@ sweetup-northmornings.blogspot.com
So excited to have found your blog! Thanks for the chance to win!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Love these!
mglarson@gmail.com
Hi Cathy,
Oh how wonderful it would be to win your monograms!!! I love all your work. You are blessed with so much creativity!!! I have you on my Blog Roll and always enjoy what you are doing. Thanks for brightening our days!! Linda
I am entering! Pick me! Pick me! :)
Your work and art is amazing...so yes, I am a follower. And, I'd also like to be an owner...of a set of monograms. Thanks for a great giveaway!
This is a GRITS (girls Raised in the South) Girls dream giveaway. We southern girls love mongrams! Hence my Etsy shop where I monogram everything. haha. I would LOVE to win this. Crossing my fingers and toes!!
I just recently started following you on JSIM. I am hoping some of your womderful ideas rub off on me, as I don't have crafty bone in my body but I LOVE your site.
Please enter me in your 'Vintage Monogram Giveaway'.
Thank you.
Love your blog...I'm already a follower. Would love to win teh monograms...email is on my profile. Thanks for generous spirit!
I'm now following and I'm entering!How exciting! I do love a beautiful monogram...you are so clever!
I'm such a sucker for monograms- love them! Just became a follower :o)
I've always lusted after those vintage monograms!
Oh how neat!!! I just adore monograms!!! And if I win, it would be a PERFECT birthday gift since mine is on the 17th!!! =) I am already a follower!! **fingers crossed!**
I am a follower and think this is a really awesome giveaway!
Kindly, ldh
I have been a follower and now I am entering this terrific giveaway...pick me please!!!
I've spent the last day of my work time (oops) reading through your archives. Your creativity makes me sick with jealousy! I attempted to make a label for a baby shower invite last night and you'd absolutely die of laughter if you knew which program I was trying to use to cobble one together (I don't know how to use Photoshop or Illustrator yet).
I've been a follower but now it's official! And I want a monogram!
all ready in the JSIM fan club. LOVE typography. would love a momogram : ).. dde!
catalyst_design@comcast.net
I'd like to enter! I already follow your blog. Thanks!
What a fun and wonderful giveaway! I follow your blog and would love to have a chance :)
Wonderful blog! I've been reading and reading for days now.
And who wouldn't love those beautiful monograms?
Just a few comments to go through, Huh? LOL!!! Always happens when you give something away! Well, you know how much I love your blog with or without freebies! Love ya!
I'mmmmmm entering! You're on my blogroll, and I love everything that you do here!
these are phenomenal. I WANT TO WIN SO BAD!
I became a follower a couple weeks ago. I just love your work. The monograms are beautiful!
Of course I already follow your blog. And I happen to LOVE monograms. What are my chances of winning one? hee hee
This is one part of designing that I never could get the hang off, vintage. And yay, Cathe is offering!
rzyunos@gmail.com
I am a happy follower and would love to have a Cathe Holden monogram!
Hi! Please enter me. I LOVE your blog!!! You have so much talent! Thank you for sharing your gift!!!
HAPPY DAY!!!
~Nina
Cathe, I looooove your blog --- you have had official residence on my google homepage for quite some time now! The monograms are bea-u-ti-ful. Count me in, sista!!
The monograms are lovely! I found your blog via Sew Bettie, and love it. Please enter me (I signed in to follow you!)
I would be tickled to receive a set of monograms. I love typography and I love your site. Thanks for sharing!
i follow your blog, and love the fabulous ideas you share! thanks for inspiring! :)
pariskae(at)gmail(dot)com
I am a new subscriber - what a neat idea!
I already follow! and love monograms! Thanks for doing the giveaway!!!!
I'm a follower! Awesome blog and giveaway.
I have clicked to be a follower of your charming and creative blog.
I would be honored to recieve your gift of monograms.
designsbyjenai@gmail.com
www.jcollins16.etsy.com
www.designsbyjenai.blogspot.com
Yaaaay monogrm giveaway im innn!!
And a long time follower too
:D
I'm a follower and would love to win!
purejoycreative@yahoo.com
I'm entering! :) I love your monograms and wondered where you'd come up with them! After having been married, divorced... and changing my name back to my maiden name ... I know I will NEVER be changing my name again! :)
Just thought I'd let you know that I LOVE your blog. Very inspirational, honest and creative.
Hello, just discovered your blog and am happy I found it! Love your stuff! I would also like to join the giveaway :-)
Happy weekend!
Oh! Pick me, pick me! These are gorgeous. How generous you are!
Just found out about you from Living Locurto.....what beautiful work you do. I'm now following you on Twitter.
i'm a follower, and i am entering!
fun stuff. and the monograms are gorgeous. f'reals.
-kate
jaded_anthem@yahoo.com
Already following you on Twitter...just signed up to follow on Blogger. Love your designs and have picked up some really great ideas while reading your blog.
Ooooh!
I'd love to win this, thanks so much!!
I would love to when and I am now following!
I am a follower and would love to see my vintage monogram.
I follow your blog and would love to win,, love monograms. Thanks
I now proudly follow and would love a monogram for my business!!!
I am entering!!!! I love the monograms
Yes! I am entering your monogram give away! Thanks! Love your blog, by the way. :)
HI,
I would Love to win a monogram with my initials!
This is very sweet of you!
I already follow your blog and my email is: phawkinsbead@yahoo.com. My blog is: http://phawkinsbead.blogspot.com/
THANKS SO MUCH!
I'm hoping this is where we comment to get entered for the double winner monogram giveaway. :) Count me in! :)
love this! i follow your blog! will keep my fingers crossed! bpobyrne at gmail dot com
Wow you have so many more followers....I LOVE your blog...and would love to heat to Petaluma.I have gone thru there once and we didn't have time to stop. I soo wanted too. I saw lots of cute things in town!
Mongrams are so cool...you can do some different things with them and they can always look differnt
I recently found your blog and have read every entry from beginning to end! Bravo!! Thanks for sharing your artistry.
Post a Comment