When
OvernightPrints.com had their latest FREE postcard promotion, I decided it was time to take full advantage of it. *And since there really is no such thing as a free lunch, I was willing to pay the $6.30 per set of 50 “free” cards. It’s past time I had some actual collateral material to promote my logo work. I have a very basic
web portfolio, nothing fancy, slow loading (for now), but figured I could really use some handouts for those times when I’m networking.
I set up 6 different one-sided 5" x 7" files, each with samples of my designs and then 2 more files designed as front and back covers. Once ordered, these took about one week to receive, arriving in 8 different packages.



One of the risks you take with printing like this with so many files and through online services such as this is lack of color control from one piece to the next. I was pleasantly surprised that all my pieces came out very consistent. The only exception was that the trim was a bit off from one piece to the other so they don’t stack perfectly smooth together in sets.

Once I collated the pieces I tied each set with twine. Other options would be to hole punch and add book rings, spiral bind at FedEx/Kinkos, etc. This promo could also have been set up with two images per sheet as a smaller sized set and double the quantity. There’s lots of ways to show your work, crafts, or art with these postcard promotions. My 8 piece promo ended up costing me only about a buck a set. My business cards, shown in the last photo, were also purchased during a FREE OvernightPrints.com promo. I paid extra for 2-sided printing.

I’ll keep several promos and business cards in my car should I ever need to whip’em out. Because I’ve ordered through ONP before, I receive emails with the free printing promotions.
Follow me on Twitter and I’ll be sure to let you know the next time they come around.

If you need a little inspiration, here are several other posts I’ve done about printing with OvernightPrints.com,
just click on any of the following links:BUSINESS CARDS AND TAGS THRU OVERNIGHT PRINTSGETTING CLEVER WITH BUSINESS CARDSAGAIN, MORE FUN WITH BUSINESS CARDSMINI BLOG CARDSOVERNIGHT PRINTS DOES IT AGAIN
17 comments:
These look great Cathe. I've used them once and had a good experience. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great idea and those look really good all put together. An inspiration as usual to us designers out there. :)
This is awesome! Very unique and sure to get some business for you! I could use this idea for my monogramming business...although I would need some serious tutorials...would you come to TN and teach me? :)
You are so stinkin creative...I love it!!! Blessings, Katy
You make it seem effortless . . . this creativity thing.
This is such an awesome idea. I can see myself doing something similar to create catalogs of my products. Thanks for the inspiration!
Great idea! I've been meaning to do a promo for a while now and I think this post just gave me the kick in the pants I needed. Thanks! Oh and your promo looks awesome!
Fabulous! definitely eye catching and memorable... exactly what one should be looking for in a logo.
gorgeous! super idea!
What a great packet you created. Creative, Unique and filled with everything a potential customer needs.
Those are AWESOME!! I just LOVE your style Cathe!!
I can't wait for ONP to have another free card promo so I can get cards to match my new blog design!!
~TidyMom
Very unique AND smart! Hey, Cathe- we had that tortellini salad last night for dinner. YUM!
Brilliant, thank you for sharing. Since I have redone my website, I have not done much in print, you have inspired my.
Thanks
I love this idea - great stuff, as always!
Wow! What a wonderful idea! LOVE IT! And your logo work looks lovely.
A bind-it-all can do a lovely job binding it all beautifully, btw...
Molly
http://mollylee.etsy.com/
http://mollyleecards.blogspot.com/
Your card look great! Hope business is good:-)
Your package is great! Thanks for the good idea and for sharing such a creative example!
Post a Comment