I have a post up currently about
transfer crafts using a basic desktop printer over at
SC Johnson’s Family Economics, HERE. 
If you have more information, ideas or advice on the subject, I know that I and other readers would love to know it, so please add the information in the comments area. Or, if you just enjoyed the article, I appreciate the feedback there. Thank you so much.

While you’re at the SCJ website, check out the other SCJ bloggers’ articles in the
Family Economics section, they are really awesome and posting daily! There’s a good chance you might know some of them!
4 comments:
cool thanks for sharing your ideas:)Kristi
Cathe,
Wow! This post triggered a memory I had of a transfer technique used by quilters that I have been trying to recall. Basically, an image printed from a copier (toner) or with a dye-based ink in a printer, is transferred to the fabric by placing the printed (mirror) image ink side down on the fabric, spraying the back of the paper with some solvent (such as a citrus cleaning solvent), and then rubbing vigorously with the back of a spoon. If you google it, there should be a tutorial on the internet with details about the technique.
Marilyn
Aloha Cathe;
Boy that SCJ site is fun to visit. I so enjoy printing on fabric using my printer and prepared fabric squares. The flood gates of emotion just opened up for me thinking about the memory quilt I made a couple of years ago for my bff when she moved to Dallas.
Thank you for sharing your projects and ideas.
Gotta try this! You make it sound so easy! Thanks for the detailed tutorial!
Post a Comment