Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Simple Leather iPod Touch/iPhone Case

Can you keep a secret? Santa’s been shopping at the Apple store. So I thought I’d help out with a few handmade stocking stuffers- iPod Touch cases. (My daughters are forbidden to look at my blog until after Christmas, so Shhh!) I searched online for a template, and when I couldn’t find any, I made one myself.The template (below in outline) is for using with heavy material such as repurposed purse leather like I use. Don’t use heavier leather or any material that cannot be doubled and run through your machine. Although I haven’t tried it, I imagine heavy wool felt would work very nice. A leather case can be plain or customized using graphics printed to iron-on transfer sheets for dark T-shirts. You may or may not want to add an optional loop for attaching fob hardware or tucking earphone cords into.Begin by trimming out the leather pieces based on the free PDF template pattern (Click on template for download.) If you’re good with design software, you can use the template shapes to mask a design for your iron-on transfers.
With your sewing machine on it’s slowest speed (I used the up down button on mine to go extra slow on the curves,) stitch the top area of the short front piece. I pulled the end threads through to the other side to hand knot.If you are adding a loop, stitch that to the longer back piece before joining front and back pieces. Finally, stitch a seam all around the two pieces, including the top area of the long back piece, careful to follow the seam allowance shown in the template for the best fit.
Here is the case I made for Sarah using her Vintage Monogram and free digital ornate book cover image.
For Jamie’s case, I modified vintage baseball images from Xander Graphic’s Etsy shop and added her name in the design.
Then I had some fun making two other iPeople cases with my free vintage group photo images and free digital vintage labels. And, feeling a bit gifty, I’m giving those two away! Wouldn’t one look fabulous with your name Sharpie’d on the label?So if you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone and need a case, or know someone who does, leave a comment that you are entering, and be sure there is a way for me to contact you by email if you win. Entries close end of 12/23 and I will draw the winner on Christmas Eve. In the meantime, if you’d like to make a people case yourself, here’s the free PDF download for those!For more tutorials and instruction on transferring images to leather, click HERE.

UPDATE: Winners chosen! Congratulations to Melissa of Mel’s Own Place and Jenny, The Creative Crafter UK. Merry Christmas!! Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments, I’ll make more stuff to giveaway soon!

220 comments:

1 – 200 of 220   Newer›   Newest»
Samurai Mom said...

What an awesome gift, your daughters are lucky girls. Seriously, the coolest thing ever!

Kelsey said...

How cool, I wish my Mom knew how to make those. ;)
Kelsey Kim
micahandkelsey1@cox.net

eva said...

Wonderful!

Megan said...

I am in love with those cases! oh my gosh! pick me!

Unknown said...

Sooooo Cute! You are wonderfully gifted. Thanks for sharing.

amygregson@cox.net

Diane said...

Love it! Wish I had an ounce of your talent.....

Mel said...

You are the craftiest, most generous, lovliest blogger! (do I get extra points??)

I love everything you do and would love one of these great cases for my iPod!

Collette said...

This is really amazing. Thanks so much for sharing it. I love the way your mind works.

Irene said...

Amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Lululiz said...

Totally unique, totally brilliant!

greta said...

Amazing! Your talents are endless! I love the ipod cases. Soon you will be making eyeglass cases. It will go on and on because your imagination never ends. Wonderful ideas on your blog. Oh, sign me up for the raffle. I'm already crossing my fingers! Have a great Holiday!

Linda K. said...

Very classy gifts! Who wouldn't be proud to have one? Clever idea, Cathe.

Linda
Robin's Egg Blues

Anonymous said...

This is probably the most useful idea/tutorial I've seen in awhile. I have some amazing wool coats that beg to be cut up and two wonderful people [that own one of each contraption] that I haven't made gifts for yet. This is EXACTLY what I needed to read about. You're awesome! Thank you!

Celebrate Today said...

These are fabulous. Makes me want to fight with my machine and make one myself (if I'm not lucky enough to win). Thanks for sharing!

Stacey said...

Cathe, those are very cute. I don't have either device so don't enter me in the drawing but it did inspire me to think about making something for my own cell phone! I also wanted to add that I was always a peeker given the chance so I hope your daughters really don't look ;)

Stephanie said...

These are so fantastic!!! The graphics are beautiful. I would be thrilled to bits to win one!! sillymagoo55@yahoo.com

Creative Crafter UK said...

Wonderful work. I would love to receive one of these for Christmas as I've just got an ipod for my birthday. Your girls are so lucky - they're gorgeous!

Abi said...

These look WONDERFUL, You are so clever. My daughter has an itouch and I would LOVE to win one for her. Thanks so much and MERRY Christmas!!

sjhackney said...

Cathe, this is fantastic...count me in!! Sally sjhackney@yahoo.com

e said...

Wow, that is so awesome! What a great handmade item!
Please enter me!

spectraldrgn at yahoo dot com :)

Magpie Magic said...

I don't have an iPhone (maybe I shouldn't admit that publicly? LOL) but I still think these are fab. Great idea and I love the simplicity. Might be an idea to maybe have a toggle over the top so it won't slip out when the leather gets softer and stretches a bit from use.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Cathe! What a great idea. Your girls are going to love them! Thanks for sharing the templates and pattern.

I recently used your Spencerian deer image for the front of a music program for our local orchestra. My DH thought the program looked quite elegant (instead of the kitchy ones with too many holiday images on the front). Thanks for helping me look good!

Merry Christmas!
Donna

Beth Scott said...

This s great! I was having a hard time figuring out what to give my little brother! He would love one of these! What did you use to get the image onto the leather?

Thanks again!

Kahri said...

Wonderful idea! And so beautiful! I would love to win one for my iPhone. :-) Merry Christmas!

Kedlynn@gmail.com

Jill said...

As always, wonderful! I would love to be entered.
jrruskamp@msn.com

Faye said...

You are so talented girl! Your daughters will be so happy with this! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Melissa said...

These are amazing! I love your creativity.

Anne said...

Okay, that's so cool it makes my phone-technology-hatin' self want to go get a fancy phone just to make the case!

I featured your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-printed-leather-ipod-touch-or-iphone-case/2009/12/19/

--Anne

Scrap for Joy said...

Your generosity is shown all year with all of the downloads you gift us with. These ipod covers are awesome and I would be the coolest Gram if I won one! (I love the one with the people on it!) Thanks Cathe and I'm wishing your family a Blessed Christmas.
Joyce
jegleason1@yahoo.com

Abbie said...

I absolutely love all of your ideas.. these are fabulous! Such lucky daughter's you have! ;)
I might just have to get an Ipod Touch so I have an excuse to make the holder!
:) Abbie

Its So Very Cheri said...

What a great idea-these look wonderful. I may have to try this--cases for glasses would be cool also. I would LOVE for you to share this idea on my party Monday-Its So Very Creative. The gals would love it and it bookmarks it for me to come back over for the details.
I have had so many Google problems-and it isn't over-Google has no idea how to solve the problem.
Sorry I haven't been by much-I decided after weeks and weeks of non-stop Google issues, I am throwing my hands up and making much needed visits.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and hope you can come by for a visit.
Cheri

Donna said...

I would LOVE to win one of those for my itouch! What a nice giveaway and tutorial! Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!

Auntie Cake said...

Lucky girls to have such a mom! Wow! They are great, much better than the ones my kids have. Wishing you all the best during this Christmas season, I still keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Kate

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

I always read your blog with great interest. It amazes me the ideas that you come up with that are so original. I would love to win one. Happy Holiday to you and your family. I hope they love your gifts.

Sandra
preservejewelrystudio@gmail.com

Amy McCauley said...

Fantasic. As a grapic designer, I love your blog where you combine cool graphic elements into real things!
Merry Christmas!

OfficeTYPE said...

Oh my goodness - that is the most amazing present! You did an amazing job and thank you for the templates.

LP Vintage said...

Those are just fantastic!! You amaze me!

Jo said...

That looks gorgeous!!
My sister just bought a new iPhone, she would love to have that:P

Thanks for the giveaway!

sara jane said...

Wow! those are soooo cool. If I don't win one, I'll be making myself one for sure - after the holidays.

sara jane
skaetzer@sbcglobal.net

Marta said...

Its amazing. I want one. THanks for the oportunity

Lindart said...

These are GORGEOUS!! I would love to have one!!

Virginia said...

You are the coolest. Someday I hope I can figure out how to create AND blog And run my small business AND keep my family fed.

I don't have an i-phone, but my sister does and she would love one of you cases. Please sign me up for your drawing!

:)

Lisa said...

These are beautiful - and I just bought an ipod for my hubby! This would be a great stocking stuffer to go with it!
Lisa
letkh@mts.net

Pip said...

These cases are so cute! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisalulu said...

Where do you come up with your ideas??? do you sleep at all?? amazing and useful and original... I could go on and on. I love your ideas. and your generous to boot! Thank you for the contest.

druga szesnascie said...

you really amaze me...
I fell in love with the ones with b&w photos...
c_queen@o2.pl

BriBedell said...

My iphone would look pretty cute in one of those :)

Melissa said...

Great idea! I bought myself a touch for Christmas. Sometimes you just have to do that to get what you want. I craft but never have much time to make things for myself. Would love to win your case because who knows when I'll get to make one. Love it.

Abby said...

Oh. my. stinkin'. word! I LOVE them! So awesome! I've been searching for a cute "me" iphone cover. Thanks for the uber cool chance to win!!!!

Molly said...

I really love these! I'm entering to win (and I really hope I win), but if I don't, then I'll have to try out the pattern... this will likely be cute in felt as well, with embellishments....

Molly
http://mollylee.etsy.com/
http://mollyleecards.blogspot.com/

Ashley Harris said...

What a great gift idea! I love this!!

Anonymous said...

oh my, they are lovely and DH just got a new ipod touch and he would love one of those covers. He loves everything hand made.

-- dalis

Ruth Rae said...

love the printing on leather! your cases are outstanding! would love to have one!

Andrea Brown said...

Love the ornate book cover case! beautiful! I would love to have a case for my new itouch! :)

Anonymous said...

*Quite* nice -- you can count me in for the contest!

Mollie said...

I'm pretty sure santa's bringing one of these for me, so a case would be perfect! mollieapayne at gmail.com

jonahbonah said...

You are SO talented!!! If I had the talent that you hold in only your pinky.... :o)

Jakemelissajakea@aol.com

Maiden Jane said...

This is an amazing project. Thank you for sharing!

Cindi said...

You are so clever and creative. I'm sure each and every one will be appreciated and loved.

Knit -University said...

My ipod touch would love to have a home like those! If I don't win one I think I'll knit up some wool and felt it to make myself a warm woolie one.

Tarnished Rose said...

Oh wow, yes please enter me. I know someone that this would be a great "Thank You" gift for!

Smiles~
Marilyn

PS. In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can't alter it to fit my Samsung Eternity. It's almost the same size. Plus I have a Blackberry for work that needs a cover.
Thank you for sharing!

Cathy said...

Great project. I've never worked with leather but this might be the time to try it.

Ariel said...

please oh please!!!!
aalatimer@yahoo.com

veronica said...

i love your print on leather, i didn't know it was possible to print something like this at home. is it?

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

I love these!! I would love to win too b/c I don't think I am talented enough to make one. Right now my iPhone lives in a koozie in my purse. It's lame. This would be so much cuter!!!!

Jen said...

oh my ipod would just love to be all snuggled up in one of those! Please enter me in the giveaway! Also you can use regular iron on transfers for leather? Thanks!

jen@crackpotshop.com

CitricSugar said...

Those are just incredible.

Cathe Holden said...

Veronica, I just added a link at the VERY bottom of the post to show other tutorials on transferring images to leather. Here it is again: http://justsomethingimade.blogspot.com/search/?q=dark+iron+leather

Shelly B. said...

This is AWESOME! Pick me! Pretty please!

Fair said...

Wow! So great. I want one!

dominique eichi said...

Wow........... such a great idea.
artbydominique at yahoo dot com

The Feathered Nest said...

You are amazing Cathe...simply amazing! Another precious gift from your fingertips....I hope you are doing good sweet friend ~ wishing you a wonderful Christmas...hugs and love, Dawn

Gwen said...

Oh my, those are beautiful! I have never been brave enough to sew with leather and I had no idea that you could do transfers on it.

Jackie said...

When I got my iPod Touch I looked at tons of cases and never saw any as awesome as these. My Touch would love a home like that!!!

jaxx444@gmail.com

Rachel said...

How cool! My daughter would love one of these. She recently LOST her iPod Touch... it is just the saddest thing for her... but I might (wink wink) pick her up another one for Christmas. If Santa says she's been good, that is.

MiA said...

OMG! For sure I would love to have such a gorgeous iphone-case!!

mia(at)vickevira(dot)se

chatdumpgirl said...

omigosh omigosh omigosh!!!! I love these!!!!! I have to try them!!!!!! thank you!

Kate Riley said...

My dear, you NEVER cease to amaze me. Oh, to have 1% of your graphic art skills in my pinky. I am loving this project and hoping I can win one of these... your girls will be delighted !

Ashley said...

Fab!!!! Now I just need an iphone!!!

ChrisA. said...

I love these! You are just so creative. I would have never thought you could use transfer paper on leather. Your girls will love them, especially since they are one of a kind.

Thanks so much for the templates and hope you have a joyous Christmas and New Year!

Cara said...

Seriously that is the best idea I have seen floating around blog world- I would love to win one because I am pretty sure I couldn't pull it off, even with instructions.

crmcleve@gmail.com

Emily said...

These are awesome! You are so creative. I have an iphone and could really use one of these!

littlethings1 said...

Those are just fabulous ! Can you either adopt me or let me win ! If not I will have to make one myself , love the photos on the case !
Eunice
ltthings@wil.midco.net

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I love this! I would love to win one for my daughter-I am going to make use of your patterns, too!!
goddess.di.arte@gmail.com

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness - these cases are fabulous! I'd love to win one of them:) Thanks so much for your generosity.
xo
Jeanne

Amy said...

These are amazing gifts. I adore your tutorials!

Kaye Prince said...

This is awesome Cathe! Alex just got an iPod Touch for Hanukkah and doesn't have a case. I'm planning on making him one, but I'm sure he'd like to have two!

Found & Made Designs said...

So creative! My mom would love one of these for her new iphone :)

Gayle said...

Oh MY! I have an iPod on my Christmas list and would LOVE to have a nice new case to protect it! These are totally awesome!

Unknown said...

I always love seeing what you're up to on here. Thanks for the giveaway. If I don't win I might have to make one for myself.
Merry Christmas!
-Elizabeth
ebodin(at)circletranchdesigns(dot)com

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

WOW! I am #91 in comments! You daughters are going to love them!!!! I wants me one!

xashee's corner said...

you are so creative! Thank you for sharing this tut!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend! :D

cakegirl said...

I am constantly amazed at your talent. These are awesome and I would be thrilled to win one. Thanks for your generous giveaway.

Sarah said...

Oh wow, I love it!!

Paul Overton said...

Cathe - Those are super sweet. So, you cut the iron on the same size as the template?

Anonymous said...

These are awesome - love all the things you post here!

Zingo Tots said...

This is soooo cool! I just purchase a couple of Ipod Touchs myself and need cases! Would love to enter your giveaway! What is even cooler is I just came to your site to look at the vintage people stationary how to as I am making it for Christmas gifts! You rock! Happy Holidays!
zingotots@gmail.com

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These are amazing. Thanks for sharing. =)

newlywoodwards@gmail.com

Debra said...

These case are all really nice they are all very pretty. I don't know which one I like best.

Thank you

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

If I don't win, I'll have to thrift store hunt some leather and make one of these quickly. Love it.

Allyn Wise said...

I just found your site a few weeks ago and get so excited when I see a new posting in my Google Reader. You keep me entertained during 2am feedings. Thank you!!!

Tracy Wills said...

Awesome as always. Like I've said before, how is it that you don't have your own TV show.
You're amazing and love how you always share with us. Merry Christmas.

FILIGREE MOON said...

Absolutely amazing ~ you and your creations! So generous. Thank you, Cathe. I have those same images from Xander Graphics. Awesome shop! Have a warm and lovely weekend! ~ Angeal

Lauren said...

~I just stumbled across your blog and love it! I'm adding myself to your following list. Please enter me in your drawing! The cases are so adorable!~

Lauren
hereignsnow@gmail.com

Sharrieboberry said...

I'd love an ipeople ipod case. My dad makes copies of the many panoramic class photos and frames them with distressed wood for friends and family. I love those photos!

Thanks for sharing with one lucky winner! (me?) s(dot)ely(at)tx(dot)rr(dot)com

Lynn Osborne said...

These are so cool. Santa is bringing an itouch to our house this Christmas. I would love to win!

Bianca Jagoe said...

Aw, they look amazing! So professional :) I'd love to gift one to my mum.

Maggie said...

Beautiful crafting, Cathe! You are so clever. I'd love to win one!
Maggie
maggieraguse@comcast.net

Amanda at 32˙North said...

These are so great! You've totally outdone yourself!

Princess Danell said...

Fantastic ipod cases! Now I have a challenge. Several family members have Kindles (those awesome electronic readers from Amazon). I'd like to see a cool cover/cozy for one of those. How about it?

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Great idea. My husband has an iPod touch that he keeps hinting at that he needs a durable case for. These look perfect!
Natalie
nati42@hotmail.com

Peggy said...

What cool cases! I recently found your blog and I'm loving all your things you make. I'd love to have a case like this for my ipod touch.

Christian said...

I just enjoy reading your blog, thank you for sharing so much of your creativity!

Alycat said...

My husband would LOVE one!
I love your blog!!

Alycat said...

ooops...here's my email:
wozniakfamily@gmail.com

Stephanie said...

Thank you for the tutorial, my son is getting his first Ipod touch this Christmas. I think I can do this!

Kelly Fletcher said...

Just found your blog - fantastic. Will definitely be back. Love the leather iPod covers...

Tita Mama said...

Great and beautiful ipod cases. Just what I need.

phallman at charter dot net

Artsy Aut said...

These cases are great! My phone needs one!!

Anonymous said...

Cathe- you never cease to amaze me! I love the cases- count me in! And thank you for all of the great freebie images and tutorials!! Merry Christmas.

Merideathx said...

Goooorgeous! And guess who *just* got an iPod touch during early east-coast family Christmas yesterday! And was just commenting to her hubby how she needs a case! Tres chic! And I really like the idea of repurpousing purse leather! Go green! merideathx@hotmail.com

SuZeQ said...

Oh yes, count me in ... I know several people that would be happy to find this under their tree.

seastararts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
seastararts said...

I asked for an iPod touch for Christmas! At least if I win your case (hint hint) I will have a reason to go buy one if Santa doesn't come through for me! Happy Christmas! Thanks for making us smile! xo-jeni

gdyup said...

What a great idea!

Tracey

Tracey said...

You Rock! Those are incredible and so unique. Way better than something you buy at the store. My husband really liked them as well!

Roberta said...

You are so clever...I'd love to win one of these:} Please let me know if I win by commenting on my blog or email: http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

Nettie Edwards said...

These are amazing! I have been looking everywhere for an iPhone case that I like and here are four! I have EVERYTHING crossed!

Emily said...

wow, those cases are awfully lovely! the vintage group photo you used works beautifully, especially the one of the people standing up! I would really love to win one!

ehuynh74@hotmail.com

Sherry Goodloe said...

That is just the COOLEST gift to give someone! I don't have the iPod Touch OR the iPhone, but I know someone I would LOVE to give this to if I am the lucky winner!!

BTW . . . What a wonderful blog you have!

Theresa Tunes In said...

Those are just so cool!
Theresa

Traci said...

super cool! thanks!

Chelsea said...

I want one! I might have to make one for my husband, too, though.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Those are fantastic! How cool!
I don't have an ipod, but I'm tempted to get one just so I can try this project.
Love the idea of recycling old purses for the leather, too.

Kimberly :-)

Anonymous said...

girl...1st...you are brave..my boys would be lookin!!!

2nd...you should be pattoning it and selling them!!!!!
(ok..I've said that on a million of your other creations too) You are just wicked talented!
Merry Xmas Holdens!
Caryn

Sono-Ma: Holly White-Wolfe said...

Cath - you should go professional! If only Steve Jobs knew anything about the world of crafting, you'd have about a zillion orders for your adorable phone covers.

I also took a brief minute to photo some of my creations and reflect on the creativity I'm pouring into this hand made holiday season. Let me know what you think!

http://sono-ma.blogspot.com/2009/12/taking-moment-to-enjoy-hand-made.html

Lawbag said...

These are great! Such a clever idea. I would love to have one of these. Please enter me in the giveaway.
cbeach0521@gmail.com

mab said...

These are beautiful! They are really professional, too. I would love to win one! But, if I don't, I'll be on the lookout for some leather to work with myself....

Thanks for the chance to enter!

-mab
lalestyleshop (at) gmail (dot) com

Unknown said...

Oh my, those are beautiful! You should sell these on Etsy for sure!

Jennifer Emick said...

Super cute, I'd love one.

Angela Scrofano said...

This is sooo cute!! Your girls are very lucky!!!!

Angela S.
nscrofan@rogers.com

Karen said...

I tried to read through and see if I saw the answer to my question; did you actually iron on the image to leather? I love it, however you did it, and I feel lucky, since this week I won a door prize somewhere for a giant sized remote control! And Ipod case would make me feel younger than a giant sized remote would lol. Thanks so much for all you share! Karen

Unknown said...

These are beautiful and I'd be honored to be entered in your drawing. Merry Christmas!

Lauren @ You Had Me at Handmade said...

Been looking for a great case for my new ipod touch and this one is awesome!

Stacie said...

I don't have an iTouch, but my hubby does...what a great excuse to "borrow" his!

staciejo902@hotmail.com

Betz White said...

Cathe, Those are amazing! You do such a beautiful job and you are generous to boot!
Betz

* said...

very nice.
yes, wool felt works - i used it for my cell phone's case.

Libreville said...

Hi! I'd love to enter your contest! I don't have an Ipod touch or an Iphone, but my boyfriend of 3 years do, and he desperately need a case as beautiful as this! I consider it the perfect gift.

Being an exile Swede in Oslo, Norway (the proably most expensive city in the world) and with VERY limited skills in graphic design, and computers in general for that matter, I follow your blog daily. Always an inspiration.

Have a nice Christmas!
/ Tanja, Oslo

Anonymous said...

Ohthis look like a really exciting project! I cant wait to try it!

thanks for the tut!

C said...

Beautiful! I wish that I weren't away from my sewing machine right now!

denise said...

These are great!! your daughters' will be thrilled.

RideAndShine said...

Whoopee! More things to try to make before Christmas! You are so inspiring....
Vickie
tatonv@unr.nevada.edu

Erin Woolsey said...

awww sighh, these are so creatively fresh, beautiful, and practical. A nice flare to the everyday accessory/necessity. Once again, you are a genius!!

nycdesigner said...

Great project. I've been using a sewn leather iPhone case I made a while ago, but it's not as "designed."

My question about the transfers is: Are you basically covering the surface entirely, and just printing background colors, and trimming the edges so the leather and decal are flush? Doesn't this sort of make the leather into a sort of "pleather" with the decal bring vinyl and limiting the original leather's suppleness?

Curious what you thought about that.

Eates-A-Lot said...

This is the coolest craft that I've seen in a long time. I love it. What a great idea.
Thank you so much for sharing!!!! I'm totally going to attempt to make one of these... that is.. if i have too! ;) Merry Christmas!

photogeek said...

You have some of the best tutorials and diys...love your site! Hope I get to win one of your iPod cases!

kj said...

So cool...still need to make a few gifts and these are perfect! Hopefully I can win one too!

karynjhnsn@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

What a great tutorial! I'm in awe of this idea!

Unknown said...

I would love a chance to win one of these awesome cases for my sister. They are so cool.

Karen Junking in Georgia said...

good luck to me I would love one of these beautiful and clever things love your blog thanks for all the information
Winch3@comcast.net

boogie beans said...

these are really cute. what a great gift idea.

happy2teach said...

What a great idea. You are very gifted. Thanks for the patterns. Though I have some old purses I'm not sure they are the right weight for these cases. Our daughter is getting Touch for Christmas. I would love to be able to give her a case.
Merry Christmas!
dsrstantwo@juno.com

Movie Maven said...

Great idea - and great photos! Consider me entered!
moviemavengirl [at] gmail [dot] com

Sarah said...

If Santa shopped at the apple store for me, I think I will be making this as well.

gretchen said...

what a nice idea that can be made into a personal gift. thanks for posting the know-how!

Amanda Dinscore said...

While relaxing in bed with my husband (as he was reading an old-fashioned book and I was reading your blog on my new iPhone), I sat bolt upright with a "this is the coolest thing ever!!!" when I saw this post. I love the juxtaposition of old and new--who in those vintage photos would have ever imagined such a thing as an iPhone?! And I know your daughters will love their gift and treasure the time and thoughtfulness that their mom put into it.

So, yes, please enter me in the drawing! I would love to own such a lovely piece from such a talented craftsperson!

Amanda

Anna said...

I'm waiting to see if i win before i start making one. Although i already have in mind what old bag to deconstruct. Thank you.

Deb said...

I love the cases and all your other cool stuff that you so generously share. Thanks. Have a great Christmas with your family.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I'll try this again.

None said...

Just lovely! I'm in for the contest!

felicia said...

Pretty Awesome!!! Love my mom to death but she isn't really up on all the "hip" things :) I would love to be entered to win one of these.

Steph said...

These are lovely. The transfers work a treat.

anira.angel[at]gmail.com :)

Jeannie said...

I love finding new craft ideas! We definitely have to try these!

Meghan T. said...

Cathe I would love to win for my new IPhone.....and my son is getting an Ipod Touch so either one of us could fight over it! LOL
You are just truly amazing! I love to come to your blog to see what you are up too, which is always something magical!
Hope your family has a fantastic holidays....


mthimjon@aol.com

Vindiciti said...

Very neat! I LOVE the people case! It's so cool.

tarable said...

I need to make myself one of these - or better yet, win one of yours! I love the designs.

Jeannie said...

Plese add me to the Leather Case giveaway!

Kathy @ merrimentdesign.com said...

Lovelovelove this!! I am entering with fingers crossed :) Please contact me at merrimentdesign.com

Kathy @ merrimentdesign.com said...

Lovelovelove this!! I am entering with fingers crossed :) Please contact me at merrimentdesign.com

Michelle said...

Is there anything you CAN'T do???!! lol They are amazing! I'm sure your girls will be thrilled!

Amante said...

How creative! Would love to get one of these.

Just an Egg said...

Oh. Wow.

::headed out to the thrift store::

Thanks so much for the idea, and the links to the wonderful design images!

Anonymous said...

Came here from Craftzine. Lovely product! Thanks so much for the tutorials! I know what my daughter and I will be looking for the next time we shop the Goodwill!

Splendorfalls said...

What a great idea and a great blog!!

michelleb. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelleb. said...

I would absolutely LOVE to be added to your generous drawing! I have to admit that I would be keeping the case for myself, as I will truly appreciate the craftsmenship and creativity that went into it.
Thank you for the tutorial and sharing so much!

mblaise29 at yahoo dot com

(left out my email by mistake previously)

Unknown said...

These are great!!!
Please put my name in that drawing!!! and i am going to go and download the templates now too!
Good winds!

DonnaM said...

Love the ipod case. Can't wait to try my hand at making some. Thanks for sharing your great ideas! Hope I win one.

M. said...

Oh well, that's cool!
I really like Sarah's one.

Julie said...

wow...those are amazing! I wish my sewing machine wasn't so chokey on thick fabric...I would totally make one.

Simran said...

Love them. I hope Santa has this as a gift for me : )

Gloria said...

Your cases are wonderful.

forcryeye said...

This may be one of the coolest things you have ever made...and that is saying a LOT! AMAZING! Count me in, because I can't sew, so I can't make my own! :)

tabitha said...

I'm in awe of your wonderful ideas! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Marissa said...

Cathe, your projects never cease to amaze me! They make my heart race, in the best way. Merry Christmas!

PS: Please sign me up for the giveaway!

AmbreRose said...

Wow thats impressive! I would love to win! ambrerose@aol.com

The Irish Poodle said...

I have no idea how I ended up at your Blog but I'm thinking a Santa elf ! What a gift to find you. OOOOh I'd love to win one of these. Could I make it myself ... yes ... but I think having one that you made would carry a special creative energy with it !!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh

really these are stunning...you should send these to APPLE so many people would love this!!!!

I am in love

Anonymous said...

So cute! This is a really creative idea and I like the leather. There's not too many cute iTouch cases out there I've discovered.

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh WOW! I SO need one of those!! Please enter me into the drawing!!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 220   Newer› Newest»