Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Joe, The Repurposed Stamp Collector

Little Joe started out as a sweet vintage boxed set of finger paints that I picked up at the flea market on Sunday for $2. Not only is the box darling, get a load of those little paint pots with the sweet green lids and Little Joe’s little face.
I took out the paint rocks (hardened finger paints from, what- the 50s?), soaked the little pots to clean ’em up, and packed them full of colorful vintage postage stamps I’ll eventually use for collage.
I printed out some little vintage-style labels in green to match and labeled each jar by color of stamps.
Don’t you just love matching things in a row? Maybe it’s just me.
I’ll use the colorful empty box to store the hundreds of unsorted stamps I don’t have the patience to go through.
By the way, speaking of cool labeled things in a row, check out what JSIM reader, Megan, did with THESE free digital download labels!

13 comments:

Mel said...

Great way to store and be stylish!
Love it!

Gail said...

O.K.,
Those are just flippin' adorable!!! Aren't you too clever!

Nadine said...

Very cute...I love using vintage items to hold my treasures!

~Nadine

La Table De Nana said...

I love those vintage packages,,loved Colorforms as a child:)and my paper dolls~

Judy said...

That was a real great find for $2. Love the little containers!

marysworkshop said...

Love the "Little Joe's" all in a row! I love how you see the potential in everything, Cathe.

Jenn Klee said...

These are just awesome!

Karen said...

Very cute! What did you do with the box? That was cute, too! Karen

nomadcraftsetc said...

I collect stamps too and never thought about doing it this way. Great idea! :)

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Yes, Cathe I do love matching things up together in a row I just never achieve it and so look to you!!!

laurie - magpie ethel said...

This project has my name all over it. I am a complete sucker for any container with those adorable vintage graphics...and little Joe is a gem! Absolutely a great find and A+ on this project!

the undomesticated wife said...

How cool! The stamps remind me of my grandfather..he used to collect them for years and years. Cute little storage, too!

Tracy Watier said...

Very clever! omg... something ELSE I have to keep an eye out for at the flea market... little jars inside a little box...