
This is a woman that on any given day has dual crock pots going by 6am in preparation for that night’s dinner. My family is lucky if I even give dinner a first thought before 5pm. Unfortunately, Jennifer lives almost 2000 miles away, or possibly some of her homemaking gifts would have rubbed off on me by now. And you’d love visiting her home, the word cozy would be a gross understatement. It’s a retreat where all burdens slide from your shoulders the second you walk in the door as she hands you fresh brewed ice tea in a mason jar-turned drinking glass and you slide into the couch wrapping yourself in one of many vintage quilts she collects (and actually uses) to watch an old black and white movie all the while sensing the aroma of some kind of amazing just-like-mom-used-to-make casserole baking in the oven.

Today on her blog she’s sharing the best tips for laundry- something I avoid until the last possible minute, she’s turned into an art. Her post is part of an ongoing journal of love to her daughters. So please visit her for some great domestic inspiration while I go through my linen closet and start minimizing (as she suggests!)

17 comments:
I'm with you Cathe none of those domestic gene are in my body! I always work best under pressure. When I have no underwear I do the laundry!! But you were given the creative gene. Warm wishes for a great week, Esther
Cathe,You are being to hard on yourself.Everyone hates laundry!LOL Blessings, Faye
I will check her out!
sandy toe
I'm terrible at getting chores done when they're supposed to be done. BUT I can blog like nobodys business ;)
Blessings... polly
I like laundry, of my siblings I inherited the weird gene...I'm cute though! (Off to check out Jen's blog)
I think most artists have a problem with laundry!! I know I do! Ha! If my husband didn't do it... Nobody would have clean clothes around here. I told him I'd like to go on vacation someplace I've never been before and he said "Why don't you go to the laundry room then." LOL!!
I guess I should at least read what your sister writes, maybe something might sink in:-)
Your sister sounds awesome! But I'd give up laundry for life for that killer chartreuse cabinet that you have . . . seriously.
IT is ALL just a real pain , the laundry , the cooking thing , Just steals my painting time!! hee heee , my husband has kinda just resigned himself to it, I'm like why cook/ , i just wanna paint a picture instead!
Cheers , helen
Like most of you, laundry is a problem for me. I don't really mind doing it but I tend not to think about it until I run out of clothes. The hubs has taken to giving me a 24 hour warning that he's running out of socks or boxers! He says in a somewhat "resigned but disgusted" tone! I also tend to forget that dinner needs to be given consideration before we actually sit down to eat it! The hubs cooked nightly for the first 20 years but now that I'm home it has become my job. I must say he was better at it!
We do pretty much the bare minimums for house work around here. I wish it wasn't that way, but there are too many other things going on. Good to see I am not alone ;]
The things my sister can do that I can't? Many. I have her do them for me! I do other things for her. It works out. But we don't live eve a mile apart. Kinda tough when the distance is 2000!
Hi Cathe,
I am also struggling against the non-domestic-goddess gene lol
I like to think there is hope for us!
Rose XXX
Such a talented pair of sisters!
--Vicki K.
Domestic genes??? I'd rather hire a maid with those!!! (I wish!). I love that photo of the clothespins on the line. There's just something about it that takes me back to my childhood living out in the country. I'm off to check out your sister's blog - Have a great day! ~Lori
After reading both blogs, I'd bet your mom is very proud of her daughters.
It's great how we all have been blessed with different talents and abilities, or just imagine how the world would be if we all had the same!
Well, I am just returning from visiting your sister's blog. I can now say that I've taken away something valuable from each of your blogs. I made one of your wire bird nests for my mom for Mother's Day (thank you again for posting instructions for that!) and I picked up some great time saving tips for laundry. I'm sure I'll visit hers again as well.
I just love your blog!
Hi There! Love the blog.
I chose you for The Lovely Blog Award. If you want to check it out, it's the top post on my blog :) Congrats!
Post a Comment