
Well, for all that, clearly, I had to read the book! I went to Borders hoping they would be able to find this little thing somewhere in their inventory- little did I know that Francine Rivers has an entire SECTION in Borders! I bought the book and read it in a beach chair over a few days at the lake. You COULD NOT pull me away from this story!
If you have never heard of Redeeming Love (which apparently is a pretty popular book club choice), you have now, so there’s no excuse. This is the first and may be the only book review (of sorts) I ever do. The story is definately PG-13 and a little hard to take at times. But through the journey of the main character, I fell more in love with my husband, appreciated more the great gifts in my life and finished a pretty thick book by my standards.
You can find out more about the book HERE and it can be purchased most anywhere. Don’t be confused by it’s cover, this is no Harlequin Romance, and I’ll leave you with this- what prompted me to write this...
...My husband just finished reading Redeeming Love today. His words: “WHAT a GREAT book!!”
Although you will see much reference to “Redeeming Love” as a Christian book from a Christian author and a Christian publisher-whether you’re a Christian or not, this book will move you and you will thank me for recommending it.

34 comments:
Sounds like something I might need to read, I have this on my list to do this weekend.
I absolutely LOVED this book and everything else by Francine Rivers that I've read. 'Atonement Child' is another good one you should try.
grr so sad that I just went to the bookstore tonight, and was thinking the whole time I need something that's life changing...can't get me away from it sorta book, and then I pick up a trash novel...only to read this post when I get home. Will put a note on my phone to look for it next time!
I liked this book too. I read it a long time ago...I think I might read it again. Thanks for reminding me.
Thanks for sharing, I will have to read it.
this book is one of my FAVORITES!!!
I read it a few years ago...a definte must read!!!
I remember a friend reading that seven years ago and telling me how much it changed her life. I never wrote down the title and have been wondering what it was for so long now. Thanks for solving this mystery! I suddenly have a great use for my Borders giftcard.
Thanks for the tip..I'll beach read it one day!!That's the only time I seem to be able to sit and concentrate and read..I look forward to it.
I'll give it a try! Thanks!
Your HUSBAND read it?
My world is shaken...
I read it years ago, and couldn't get past the pain to see the redemption, honestly. I think I'm wired differently than most, because every. other. person. I've talked to who has read it has loved it.
Thanks so much for sharing the review! if you venture over to my blog you will see (in my shelfari bookcase) that i LOVE to read! this one is going on the list to get! :) Have a WONDERFUL day!!
I've just reserved this book at my local library - looking forward to reading it, thank you for the recommendation.
btw, I LOVED seeing the photos of your studio. I can't get enough of peering into Where Women Create!
Sounds like a good read- thanks for the recommendation!!
thanks for the recommend.
This sounds great! I need to run out and get it. I can't imagine my husband reading a book... let alone one with this cover! LOL! He's a sports magazine and newspaper kinda guy. hee!
That is so cool your friend knows the author. Have her sign yours and do a giveaway:-)
Have you read The Poisonwood Bible? It's by Barbara Kingsolver and a great read.
Redeeming Love changed my life. I have not met a person that has read the book that it did not change. I began my book club on this very book over two years ago and since we have read the 4 novellas that Ms. Rivers has written. Wonderful!
Ooh! A few years ago I read her "Mark of the Lion" series (about Hadassah) - so I'll have to put this on my "to check out" list :)
Wow, sounds like I need to check this book out, huh? Of course I have a few late books out right now...I'm such a bad library patron.
I have heard this recommended before, but haven't read it. What do you mean by PG-13? Some PG-13 movies are too graphic for me.
Hi...I just started reading your blog (don't remember now how I found it) and I love it! Also I LOVE Francine Rivers books. They're ALL as great as Redeeming Love. The Mark of the Lion triology are probably some of the best books I've ever read. You will NOT be able to put them down!! And then you'll catch yourself thinking about the characters afterwards and wondering what they're doing before you remember it was just a story! Incredible talent she has!
What a great suggestion - I am needing something to follow The Shack (how do you follow that book?) and a Francine Rivers book would be amazing.
She does live in N.California - as my grandmother who lives in Napa has met her on occasion and has lunched with her.
How fun it would be to meet her, she is such a wonderful writer and an inspirational Christian woman!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm off to the bookstore today to get it!
love your blog!
Hi, I'm Holly and I came her from Katie's blog!
I LOVED this book! Francine Rivers is an EXCELLENT author! I generally would not read a book that could be given a rating but there's something about the way she wrote it and why she wrote it that makes a difference... ♥
I agree! This book and it's author are amazing. I read it and when I told my daughter about it she had already read it. I think I've read all of Francine Rivers book since then. I have loaned my copy of Redeeming Love to others to read.
Francine Rivers is one of my absolutely favorite authors. I loved this book - and all the other ones she's written too. What a neat gift for your niece. :)
I think it's so great you got your husband to read it, as it is an amazing book...and like you say, not a Harlequin romance type. This was THE BEST book I've read in ages. I, too, have passed it around to friends and family. I cried throughout the book. I think there's probably a part in all of us that feels similarly displaced and "not good enough". So, watching the main character struggle to overcome, is a tale of all of us overcoming our own shortcomings and weaknesses!
I also just read this for the first time last month. My girlfriends were shocked when I told them I had never read it and insisted that I read it right away. I love it, too!
What a cool story! I love it!
This book was incredible!!!
I as well couldn't put it down! I think I read it through in like 2 or 3 sessions. That was a couple years ago but for some reason the book keeps coming to mind so maybe it's time to give it another read. :)
This book radically revealed to me the reality of God' redemption not only in our relationship with Him but also with others... the reality of salvation and cleansing and pursuit.
Blessings and Peace and Much Love to ya Sista! :)
I wholeheartedly agree. Francine Rivers is an amazing author. And the Sofar Blew is also an amzing book...I'm sure all of her books are great but I still need to read some more. My cousin (who is a male) first introduced me to her books and I'm grateful.
This book changed my life.
I loved it and shed real tears when I read it.
My only regret is that I don't know what to read now.
This book is freakin' AMAZING! I read it a few years ago after a friend from church gave me a copy. It was so hard to put it down!
The only books I've read by Francine Rivers thus far (and only because I have SO MANY BOOKS and SO LITTLE TIME, and stacks and stacks of them!) is the Mark of the Lion Series.
I plowed through that trio rather quickly, let my aunt borrow them and ended up buying another set when I came across them in a thrift store so I would have copies in case I got the urge to read them again before I got them back.
The trio is just fantastic and I have listed it on my favorites list since I read them and recommend the series to anyone who is looking for a good read.
Read it this summer. Guess it puts what we call a "difficult childhood" into perspective, huh?
I second you, this book has been one of my favorites. However, I would say that Francine Rivers "Mark of the Lion" series is probably one of the best series of books I've ever read. Those are hard to tear away from when reading and are heart wrenching to the core. I recommend full heartedly.
PS. I love your blog. I just discovered it today and am reading through it backwards (hence this comment on a very old post of yours).
Post a Comment