The clear table has a ruler printed to the underside and leaves room for you to tuck things underneath if you want. As little as I’ve used my sewing machine so far, I have been very glad I was able to afford this luxury as it has come in quite handy. I’ll really be loving it when I’m sewing baby blankets, quilts, slip-covers, etc.
Saturday, when I was supposed to be cleaning closets, I made a machine slip-cover that also covers the acrylic stand. (I couldn’t have all that dust from the closet floating over to my little sewing nook, could I?) I added a loop to hang it when I’m sewing.

20 comments:
Brilliant! I love that slip cover.. it's like a 'bra' for the sewing machine - cute!
Clever! Both the stand & the cover. Hmm, now I want one too! Thanks for sharing :)
I'm so happy for you. Makes those large projects just a little easier!
Love the acrylic table and your cover. Thanks for posting about this - it's now at the top of my wish list!
Oooo, that IS a sewing luxury! I'm jealous :)
Wow! that cover is amazing!!
Very cute!! I love the cover. Very pretty :)
Fabulous cover! Hope you get lots of good use out of your acrylic stand. If I ever move from sewing paper to sewing fabric, I'll have to think about getting one.
$85 for a sewing machine? That's a great deal! Where I come from they cost two to three times that and it doesn't have the fancy platform. I want a sewing machine like yours! ...even though I don't know how to sew... lol ;-P
No Rozi- I ordered the platform through the business where I bought my machine and the platform ran about $85.
The machine I bought about a year ago came with an attachment like this but a bit narrower. I just thought it was the greatest idea ever! I wish I had had the attachment when I was sewing my quilt a couple of years ago...
Have fun with your new toy!
Oh Cathe, you are so very crafty! Love the sewing machine cozy and the hook to hang it from is brilliant! Reminds me that I need to sew a couple of pillow for my loveseat. Like that is going to happen before x-mas! Ha!
up this is awesome
I know nothing about sewing, but it looks cool! Glad you're happy with it :)
That is fabulous! I didn't know that existed, but I'm glad I do now.
You did a great job on the sewing machine cover.
PussDaddy
Very clever!
Your workspace looks very nice! Love the cover you made too! Plus that wonderful hook. Great ideas here! Thanks for sharing!
Very creative - beats cleaning closets:):)
Duly noted Cathe, hehehe, imagine if it did cost that much for the whole thing, still, I'd love to get a set up like yours.
Post a Comment