
Since beginning my blog on March 29, 2008, I have come to my 100th post! What better day to reveal my new sewing machine?!
Thank you again for all the excellent advice for purchasing a sewing machine on both my blog and on Etsy forums.
With my small budget (in the sewing machine world) and simple needs, I was led to this little darling, the Janome Heart Truth Sewing Machine, from Parkside Sewing Machine Center in Santa Rosa.

Here is the partial list of features:
- Computerized
- 50 stitches including stretch, utility, quilting, garment and applique
- 3 fully automatic, one-step buttonholes.
- Memorized needle up/down selector:
- Variable speed control
- Directly button-operated stitch number, stitch width and stitch length
- Built-in needle threader
- 7-piece feed dog support
- Auto-lock stitch
- Extra-high presser foot lift
- Easy snap-on presser feet
- Easy reverse stitch button
- Convertible free arm for circular sewing
It’s not quite the “Lexus”Bernina, but as Nicole of Stitch Craft says, it’s the “Honda”, which is perfect for my simple little projects. I purchased the platform and lots of bobbins, needles, and other cool accessories which put me just over my $600 budget.
Mr. Wonderful suggested I use the corner of the bedroom where my office once was for my new sewing area. So here it is! How great to finally have a machine set up for sewing on a whim. So far, I’ve mostly been altering my kids pants into skinny-jeans. But given the time, the sky’s the limit on fun sewing projects...so stay tuned!

17 comments:
Congratulations on your 100th post and the new sewing machine! That spot to create looks good too, I know you are going to be creating some fantastic products there:)
That corner space is perfect!
I LOVE that barn star and I really really want that dress form. When you're tired of it, send it my way, mmmkay? ;-)
Congrats on having your 100th post! :) Your sewing center looks so inspiring!! Where did you get your barn star above the desk? I'm looking for one just like that!
Blessings,
Stacey
Thanks Stacey! The barn star came from a little local shop 3 years ago. One of the few things I didn't acquire on the internet. Sorry.
Yay on your machine! I adore the print you have hanging there... we are so good together. Where did you find that, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks Mizsmoochielips!
I found the print on this really cool site:
http://reformschoolrules.com/
By the way, MizSch. Thank you for your families sacrifices for our country and our safety. I appreciate it more than I can say. (Can you tell I read your blog?)
(darn, type-o: family’s)
that’s better.
Congrats on your 100th post and your NEW! sewing machine. I got my first sewing machine for Mother's day...she and I have a love hate relationship...but someday...
congrats in your new machine, I just bought a new one a couple of months ago and it is a janome too!
Such a beautiful work corner. Congrats too on your milestone. Your blog is very enjoyable to read.
Thanks for the comment and book recommendation! I'll check it out! What is it about firemen? They love to wash cars! I love your new machine! Very nice. The sewing corner looks great too! Maybe one day I'll have a sewing corner. Right now the dining table will have to do!
Check out the movie FireProof if you haven't already!
Yeah for new sewing machines! I just bought one too--not as nice as your but it is working soooo much better than the old one I had. I am inspired by you CLEAN workspace. I wouldn't dare take a picture of my 'creative space'. LOL
:)
Congrats on your 100th post! And love the banner ... What a great design. Also- have fun with your new machine. I just bought one as well and am looking forward to using it- Have fun!
Congrats on your new machine...now you'll have to post some of your new creations!! I just love your blog!!
Hooray! Congratulations, Janome Sister. Wish our machines could have a play date :D
Wow! That's a great machine! When I was 9 years old, I got a Riccar sewing machine. It was expensive then and it lasted for 39 years! It's made 100's of Halloween costumes. Sewn through yards and yards of heavy upholstery fabric and made me lots of cash. When it finally said "no more." I was so upset. My friend bought me a sewing machine. While it is not the quality of the Riccar nor does it have all the extra features, it works! I can also pick it up without grunting! LOL
Congrats on your new machine.
AWESOME!! congrats on your new machines. Many happy projects!!
Post a Comment