Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spoonflower


I’m a nervous wreck. I just received my invitation to Spoonflower and I don’t know what to make!
Spoonflower, (currently in Beta limbo and by invitation only), is an online fabric printing company that will take your image and print on fabric up to 5 yards. I signed up a month or two ago, and waited for my very own invitation. (I wonder if my number just came up or if they just think I’m pretty special.)

The fabric costs are fairly reasonable: Swatch (8" x 8") $5.00, Fat quarter (21" x 18") $11.00, Per yard (42" x 36") $18.00 and shipping is next to nothing.

Now, being a graphic designer, illustrator, crafter, and soon to be master seamstress that I am, I cannot for the life of me come up with an idea! What will my very own fabric look like? What should I make with it? HERE is the Flickr Spoonflower Pool. Take a look, it’s so exciting!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoonflower is great! You'll have so much fun designing fabric you won't want to stop!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I saw this a few months ago and just barely stopped myself from asking for an invitation... only because I also couldn't for the life of me come up with an idea. I'll be so excited to see what you come up with, although I don't really have any suggestions for you either ;-)

Stacey said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you design.

patricia zapata said...

Oh I can't wait to see what you come up with!

NyteRayn said...

I hear you!!! I got my invitation awhile back, but I've got some serious fabric cold feet... I'm looking for inspiration everywhere! :)

Anonymous said...

I've tried one order so far, just to see what it's like. I can see this becoming VERY addicting. I loved how my order turned out! But, like you say- it's hard to commit something to fabric for some reason.

Really, the prices are such that you can do a test swatch on the fat quarter and see if you like it- if not -- onward to the next idea.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

maggie said...

I know! I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for this for a while and now that I'm 'in' I am having trouble pulling the trigger. I'm sure we'll both have fun!

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to get my invitation but I'm stuck on what to have made! It shouldn't be that hard - I had a million ideas when I first heard about it and now my brain is empty!

I can't wait to see what you decide on!

A.F. said...

Spoonflower....very cool. Thanks for sharing!