Just Something I Made wasn’t the first blog I ever created. My first was a design blog, Farm Fresh Creative, a place to expand my online logo portfolio. It’s still around, just a bit dusty.
I even started a Wordpress blog that I named Cathe with an E (with a sweet Easter photo of my siblings and bald me.)
That never got off the ground, not even one post. Wasn’t sure what to write about, but I still keep it around to one day revisit. Then it occurred to me that blog readers might enjoy seeing stuff I make around the house, for the kids and what not. I could show them how I made the stuff. Turns out, readers did enjoy visiting for creative juice refills. And so I posted and crafted some more and before I knew it, I started collecting readers. And lots of really, really nice ones.Then that day came when I actually needed my readers. And they delivered. One of the hardest moments in my life was last November, and there was one particular time on one exact day that I needed the strength to put one literal foot in front of the other. I remember the moment as if it were happening now. And in that moment of great grief, I felt complete calm wash over me knowing that so many readers were lifting me up in prayer. I physically felt it. So all craftiness aside, the relationships that have been built over the last two years with so many of you, that I continue to correspond with and even those who I don’t even know your real name, have become so important to me. Thank you.
I have been so blessed to have had my project featured on many other blogs, big giant popular blogs, and blogs with only one or two followers. I try to find them all through my blogtracker or Google Alerts so that I can thank each one personally. If I missed you, please let me know!
Enough rambling...let’s get to the prize! Last year, I put together a giant box of destash craftiness. You can see the contents below. It was won by Katie of Katie’s Nesting Spot, and she blogged her winnings HERE.
But THIS blog birthday, I’m packin’ an even bigger & better box of fun! Since I don’t make a lot of the same crafts twice, I’ve got a LOT of extra crafting goods. Vintage things. AND several crafts I’ve made and posted on my blog! Even stuff I used to sell in my Etsy shops! The box contents will remain an exciting mystery until I get ’er all packed, but it just might be the biggest and best creative giveaway ever.TO ENTER: This giveaway has a catch! You have to take my blog survey. (I hope you like surveys, I love taking them.) Your input means a lot to me. So please answer the questions anonymously and come back here when finished to comment that you took the survey. It’s completely on the honor system, because I trust and appreciate all of you! Good luck, and thanks for a terrific 2 years!
MYSTERY BOX GIVEAWAY ENTRY ENDS MIDNIGHT (Pacific time) ON MARCH 31, 2010. WINNER ANNOUNCED ON APRIL 1.
To post a comment, please click on the wording “123 COMMENTS” (or whatever the number is) if it is just below this paragraph. If that is not clickable and the previous comments are shown, please scroll to the very bottom of them to the words “POST A COMMENT” just below the last comment. The fantastic response of this post is throwing things off a bit, sorry for the inconvenience.

997 comments:
1 – 200 of 997 Newer› Newest»I took the survey and I would love to be entered in your giveaway!
i just took the survey! i am excited about this giveaway!
I took the survey! Great giveaway!
I just took the survey...thanks for the giveaway. I love surprises!
I took it too..Thank you.I love the creativity you inspire.
It was a pleasure to be able to answer your questions.
I took the survey...gladly! I'm not sure how to ensure it "sends".
Would love to enter too, hope I'm eligible all the way down in NZ.
First time ever I took a survey.
I took the survey, yay! (I'm really bad about being cooperative, y'know.) Hopefully I'll be rewarded and inspired to continue being such a good sport by winning an awesome box o' Cathe's awesomeness!
Took your survey -- my pleasure! It would also be my pleasure to win your exciting prize!!!
I took the survey I am crossing my fingers I win!!!!
lovely survey, happy blogiversy!
jen at crackpotshop dot com
Hi Cathe! Great survery, hope our responses help you. And uh, wow.. I think we are all waiting with baited breath to see the goodies!
xoox~
Abbie
Took the survey! Thanks!
Took the survey but I am not sure it was accepted, I too would love to be entered in your giveaway.
Just took your survey! I hope my input helps! I am super excited about your giveaway!
I took the survey! Exciting giveaway!
took the survey! thanks so much!
Yup, took your survey too... Bless your day!
Your survey is as creative as eveything else you do!
I took the survey (I think!) Do I just answer the questions on your post and then comment to enter the answers??
Thanks for doing the giveaway! Who doesn't love free stuff??
I took your survey. Interesting questions. I don't enter most giveaways, but this one just called to me to enter. NOW!~
just took the survey!! :D
cindyascott{at}yahoo.com
I took your survey and hope you find the info helpful! please enter me in your very generous giveaway! I am definitely a follower by the way :)
Took the survey too, would love to win...just like everyone else...someone will get lucky!!!!
Wow, so excited for this giveaway. The giveaway of all giveaways. Took your survey!
Fun survey... a first for me on any blog. Congrats on your 2 yrs.
Took the survey, I usually don't do surveys. And, I'm not big on giveaways, but I really like your blog, what can I say.....
Took the survey! Your blog is wonderful. Thank you for the giveaway!
So much fun!! Like the last question but I couldn't come up with anything clever... :-)
I took the survey too. You are a spark. and I mean that in a good way! You create a spark to get the creativity juices flowing!
Hope the survey helps. Put in my entry!
I took the survey, thanks for wanting our input! I would love to enter the giveaway!
I just took your survey...I'd love to be entered for the givaway too.
Completed the form. Please put my hat in the drawing. I would love anything and everything you send. I love everything you post.
Sandi
You're so cute! What a funny survey. Happy blogoversary!
just did the survey, would love to be entered for giveaway. only found your blog recently but find its mix fascinating and fun!
I love surveys too so I did it...love the blog - wasnt a follower - but am now!
Yes I took the survey too and love your blog. Please add my name to your exciting mystery giveaway.
Just took the survey! Thanks :)
i took the survey and would love to be entered for the wonderful and generous giveaway. Thanks for the opportunity.
I took the survey.
I love your blog. I have spent way too much time browsing your crafty inspiration.
I would love to win a box of crafty goodness too - such a great celebration prize.
I have just taken the survey. It wasn't painful at all! xo Joan@anythinggoeshere.
I am VERY excited about the giveaway. i love everything you do.
Survey says. . .thanks for sharing Cathe! I really enjoy your blog.
Just took the survey! Such an awesome exciting giveaway!
I just finished taking your survey! Great questions!! :) I can't wait to see what's in the mystery box!
you even managed to make a survey fun :) thanks again for all you give back!
Just took your survey!! Loved it!! I'd LOVE to enter your fantastic giveaway!
Survey completed!
d.
Survey done! I would love to get a box full of goodies from you!
Just took the survey and would much appreciate it if I could be entered into the contest! Thank you!!
Hi Cathe...I took your survey and would love to be entered in your surprise giveaway...
Have a Blessed day...
Sweet Blessings...
Tonja
I took the survey and I really think I'd be a fantastic recipient of the mystery box. I don't think you could possibly choose a better recipient.
I took the survey, Cathe with an E! I always wanted to name a girl Anne with an E.
Took the survey--please enter my name in the givaway.
Melinda
Thank you for being inspiring. <3
I'd have SO much fun with that prize!
I just finished the survey and thanks for the giveaway! I remember when you gave the box away last year I was sooo jealous of the winner! Thanks for the chance to put my name in the hat.
Oh I meant to say that I took the survey!
I took the survey so now pleezze, plleeeze let me win! Seriously - thanks for everything you do - you rock!
I took the survey... hooray for you and this awesome giveaway! THANKS!
surveys are ok as long as they don't take all day so this was EASY-I added some funny comments-hope you didn't mind! Thanks for sharing such fab goodies!!
I took the survey. Thank you.
I took it!
Just took the survey~ Happy Anniversary and best wishes for dozens more!
Oh I love a good survey! I took it! :)
Took the survey - hope I win!
Hey, that was a fun survey! And what a great way to get people to participate, to get a chance at such an awesome prize. I love that it's a mystery, my curiosity is piqued!
just took the survey and am crossing my fingers! :)
Can't wait to see what's in your give away.
I just took the survey and I can't wait to see what's in the giveaway!
You didn't have to do a giveaway, I'd have answered the survey anyway! I almost never enter giveaways, but this one is too tempting! Hope I wind some of your projects!
took the survey!
I took the survey, and would love to be in the running for the giveaway!
Loved your survey. It was so thought provoking....much more than my simple one. Happy Anniversary my dear friend. Let's celebrate soon. And yes, I have to win that delicious looking box.
I have just finished the survey, sort of like the Census. Love your blog with or without the giveaways, but I must admit I do love a great giveaway.
Happy Blog Birthday! Survey done!
I took the survey. Please enter me in your giveaway.
Just took the survey, can't wait to see what's in the mystery box! Thank you.
Congratulations!
I love reading your blog, it really inspires me creatively. I took the survey & I'm excited to be entered in the giveaway :)
Congrats on 2 years!!! i've recently started a blog and it is so tough! i was thrilled to get my first follower.. haha..
thanks for having a giveaway!! can't wait to see whats inside!!!!
i've also completed the survey.
hugs
juli
I just took the survey too..hope it took! Love to win all those goodies! I think it's a good idea and I might just use the idea with my friends who love to craft !
I took the survey! I love reading your blog.
Thanks for the chance, I took the survey. If you would only try crafting products and review them, that would be cool. But I would not appreciate just random products. Thanks for your time!!
my contact email is:
srhhnly@yahoo.com
I just took the survey.
Hope I win!!!
flowerpower0097 at live dot com
Love the blog and all your crafty ideas. I took the survey
i'd visit your blog anyway-thanks for the great giveaway-completed the survey
The survey is complete and was easy peasy lemon squeezy. Oh please suprise box, come my way.
i took the survey, it was fun. and i don't think i said it specifically but i will now...i don't usually download your stuff, i don't do the crafts, not because i am not interested, but i do find that your style, even though it is very different from my own, inspires me and sends my ideas off in new directions. that's why i read, that's why i follow.
I took the survey and would love to be entered in the giveaway!
Took the survey. Love the giveaway. Love the blog even better. Thanks for all the swell ideas!
Just completed the survey...and excited for the giveaway!
I took the survey. Thanks for all your great posts!
I just took your survey ~ wasn't too scary :) Please enter my name in your mystery box giveaway!
Cheers ~
Dawn.
I took the survey. Thanks.
Congrats! I just the survey! Thanks for such a great giveaway.
I took the survey, now please pick me.
Just took the survey, so I thought I might as well enter ;)
I'm so excited about this giveaway! Thank you!
I took the survey!
I took the survey and excited to see what the giveaway will be!
I just took the survey, and I'd love to be entered into the giveaway. Last year's looked fabulous!
Took the survey.......probably it will not be of lots of help!
Please include me in the mystery draw!
Thanks.
Thanks for the opportunity to win your fantastic box Cathe. I took the survey - very thoughtful questions, by the way. Thanks for caring so much about your readers.
Cheers!
Survey completed! Wishing you many more years of fun blog posts. You've kept me away from laundry more than once! ;) I love distractions!
Took your survey and love your blog!
Pick me pick me !
xoxo
Kate
I took your survey, and would love to be entered into your givaway! Thanks, mikell
Completed your survey---great stuff!
took your lovely survey and would love to be entered for a chance to win. ohhh goodie goodie gumdrops!!!!
That looks like a very exciting box. I also answered you survey!
I just took your survey and would love to be the winner of your mystery giveaway please enter me thanks!
Took the survey, even suggested a question, how about that! :)
i took the survey,too....happy bloggitying
I took the survey! Can't wait to hear on the 1st!
Took the survey!! Thanks for having this giveaway. I really appreciate and enjoy your blog. :)
Just took the survey...count me in! Sally Hackney sjhackney (at) yahoo (dot) com
Took the survey and it was quite painless. ;) Hope the info helps.
Thanks for the daily bloggy lovelies.
I just took the survey and would LOVE to be entered in your giveaway! Thank you so much for all of the creative inspiration, how-to's, and for all the time you spend to make this blog a wonderful place to visit!
I completed the survey. Thanks for the chance to win!
Cathe, I just took your survey and love the idea of a mystery giveaway! Congratulations on 2 years!!!
take survey, check! win cathe's awesome crafty box-o-wonderfulness... hopefully check!!
Great survey, not to long and interesting questions....and of course also a great give away, thank you!
Just completed the survey. Love your blog! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks!
Happy 2 year anniversary.....fantastic blog! Thank you for such an intriguing giveaway!
Your survery was painless! Wish they were all that easy. I love your blog. Thanks so much for the chance to win one of your awesome giveaways!
Your survery was painless! Wish they were all that easy. I love your blog. Thanks so much for the chance to win one of your awesome giveaways!
I did the survey, but not sure if it 'took'? Anyway, I really like your blog - and giveaways are ALWAYS nice!
Took the survey would kindly like to be included in the giveaway deluge. There aren't any sock monkeys in the big mystery box are there???
great survey! And happy blogiversary!
Martina x
volfima[at]gmail[dot]com
So not only do you post the most awesome projects ever, but you post the most awesome giveaways ever!? You, my friend, ROCK.
XOXO
rach
Ooops.....forgot to mention I took the survey!
This could be very fun to win! I just took your survey, hope it helps!
I took your pretty harmless survey, it didn't hurt a bit, honest :) I hope I am lucky in your giveaway.
Have a wonderful Friday.
Survey submitted. Keep up the lovely work!
I took the survey! Mysteries are wonderful..thanks for the opportunity to win one!
Hi Cathe. I took your survey and I love your Blog. You were the very first Blog I followed regularly! You have inspired me to do many projects! I would love to be entered in your giveaway!
Just took your survey! Thanks for the opportunity to win such a stash! (I rarely enter giveaways, and never have won, but it is just too good to pass up!!) I do love your perspective. Keep it up!
I took the survey, and would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to win this giveaway...so...make it happen, ok? wink wink lol ;oP
So terribly sorry to read about your brother. I have had a large number of friends commit suicide, and its such a hard hard thing when you're left with no closure and all these unanswered questions. Praying for your family as you continue the grief process...hugs
I dig the survey! And look forward to doing a giveaway with you :)
I took the survey and I'm checking my mailbox everyday like I did when I sent away for my Campbell's kid doll when I was little to see if my package is here yet! Thanks for all the fun and inspiration you send our way on a regular basis.
Took the survey and now have fingers crossed hoping to win some cool stuff that I can use with the four yards of awesome fabric I bought today!
My curiosity is peaked. Count me in!
And I took the survey. :)
I took the survey! fingers crossed for me!!
I completed the survey and I LOVE surprises!
I did it. Thanks for all the inspiration.
Took the survey! Congrats on 2 years! jbarthold329 at gmail.com
just took the survey - the giveaway sounds awesome!
madonnara@yahoo.com
You have the best give aways!
Thank you.
pam.guerrette@gmail.com
This may be the best giveaway ever! I took the survey...very easy, thank you :) Love your blog!!
moorekrystle@gmail.com
Great questionnaire! Love your blog!
Just took the survey. I love all the crafts you make, so I can't want to see what's in the box for the giveaway! (I mean, also I'd like to win it, obviously). : )
took the survey. :)
Took the survey!
I took the survery and would like to enter the giveaway.
I love free downloads. Thanks for sharing them. your design style is amazing.
Andrea
email: aaleland@yahoo.com
Congratulations! I wish for Many many more years.I took your survey, and winning isn't everything but that box is looking mighty interesting!
I took the survey and I, too, love to fill them out!
totally had to fill out that survey! I love your blog!
Just took your survey and would LOVE to see the product reviews featured on your blog! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! I'll cross my fingers for the giveaway! Sounds so exciting!
Happy birthday! I took the survey
I love to visit your site and see what you've made. And, while I haven't made anything from what you've so generously shared, I hope to soon! I took the survey because I'm curious about what kind of cool things you've packed into the box ;)
I took the survey, happy to help! Gittery with anticipations about the possibility of winning that awesome mystery box!!!
Beth
bbrrtt1(at)cox.net
I took your fun survey. Someone earlier commented on how you are a 'spark'... that is SO true! You may not always know it, but you really are!
I just took your survey. Please enter me in your giveaway!
I've filled in your survey, and would love to be entered in your giveaway! An amazingly generous giveaway at that :) xXx
What an exciting time! Congrats on two years. I took the survey, please enter me in the giveaway!
Verrrrry interesting survey...like some others, says way more about the taker (to the taker) than the surveyor...
I love surprises and would love to win! I did take the survey.
I took your survey.
I would love lots of craft stuff!
Thank you!
I took the survey. Please enter me in your giveaway.
I'm a sucker for creative surveys, and I can't pass up your generous giveaway -congrats on two crafty years!
I took the survey, and would like to be entered.
I took the survey!
I took the survey. Awesome giveaway. Happy Blogiversary.
Survey done!
I took your survey and would love to be entered! I love your blog and have sited it on mine. Now to just find the time and the juice to make something!
http://annaontheedge.blogspot.com/
I took the survey! I too enjoy taking them. I'm excited about the giveaway!! Thanks!
Love ya Blogg and took the survey......Mary d. LeBlanc
I took your survey! Happy anniversary :)
Took the survey!
Great giveaway! I am so excited! I did the survey and appreciate that you want to know about what we're coming here for!
Happy Blog Birthday! I took your survey.
Just to let you know, I just turned 40 and had a hard time marking the 40-49 box. It was the first time I had to do that.
took your survey - Would love some inspiration craft goodies to come my way!!
bee blessed
mary
Took the survey, it was fun! Happy Blog Birthday =3
Happy anniversary! I just love your blog. I spent an hour on it the first day my friend recommended it.. you're very crafty! Love how easy you make things seem to recreate!
and yes, i did take the survey..
The survey was actually quite short - I was thinking it would be really involved, but it was just right! I would love to be entered in the mystery giveaway now that I completed the survey! :)
I took the survey and would love to be entered in the giveaway!
Took the survey and would love to win the box of godies!
I just finished your survey. Good questions. I can't wait to see what the mystery box holds. The suspense is killing me.
I took your survey. I would love to win. tks
Love your blog . . .I even check in on your design blog. Love your work, you are very creative. I took your survey, hope it helps.
Happy Blogiversary! Hope my opinions help!
I took the survey and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I win. I never win anything
i'd love to hear the results of your survey. thanks for this great giveaway!
Took it! I love surveys, so bring them on!
I just took (my very first) your survey!!!! I just love everything on this blog, and while I have NEVER before been inspired to enter a contest.....I CAN'T HELP MYSELF HERE!!!
Congratulations to all good things that come your way because of this blog! You've brought the same into many of our homes as well!! Thanks for the giveaway.
I took your survey and would be thrilled to win. Thanks for the chance. Congratulations on the two years!
I took the survey. I'd love to be entered in to that amazing looking giveaway.
I took the survey. I only recently found your blog, but I love it. I wish I could do more crafts and may begin to soon now that I see so much inspiration here. Thanks for doing what you do!
i just read someone else likes surveys, me too, well when they are ez. oooh what goodness do u have to share Cathe, can't wait to see!
Post a Comment