Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Patchwork Haiti

So, you’ve been wanting to contribute to the relief efforts in Haiti, but haven’t just yet? Here is a wonderful way to not only help, but to receive something special in return for your kind contribution. I have donated my most favorite little vintage postage stamp quilt (shown above) to the Patchwork Haiti project, organized by Apron Thrift Girl. Please go to her site and place your bid. I won the first quilt auctioned off and am now owner of something really wonderful (shown below) to remind me daily to keep the people of Haiti and those sent there to help in my prayers.Selena, aka: Apron Thrift Girl, and I are heading out together tonight to San Francisco for an early flight out tomorrow to the Blissdom 10 Blogging Conference in Nashville. The bidding for the little quilt will run while we are away and end on Monday, February 8.

8 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh Cathe

This is just beautiful. Good luck! Also wanted to let you know how much I love the scrapbook from your last post!!!

Have a wonderful time!
Leann

lynne said...

Please check Haiti by Hand Etsy shop that Rebecca Sower opened with goods made by Haitian women and artisans who have donated works of art http://www.etsy.com/shop/haitibyhand. It's another great way to help and her blogs are a great way to get personal stories about the women of Haiti.

She left Haiti days before the disaster. Read her blogs to find out more about Haiti by Hand

http://rebeccasower.typepad.com/rs_out_of_hand/
http://haitibyhand.typepad.com/blog/

Artsnark said...

Lovely quilt - good luck with your auction

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Such a beautiful quilt and a wonderful cause!
I'll be thinking about you while you are at Blissdom. It looks like we are going to be in "Blizzardom" here by tomorrow. Yikes!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

This quilt is amazing! Very good job.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Saskia

Crystal said...

Oh this is just beautiful. I can't believe I just found your blog. Everything is just wonderful. I have been on here for awhile, I better go join my family in a movie.
Have a blessed weekend.

Susan at Charm of the Carolines said...

Cathe... I love your blog and love your sweet heart and giving spirit. It was a pleasure to meet you in person at BlissDom10!

Susan

Fizzie Fuzzie said...

oh i love your blog ;)