Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Organize Your Magazine Clutter

Begin the new year by clearing out those stacks of magazines so tall you’re using them as plant stands. See my SC Johnson Family Economic post {HERE} complete with a link to free file label graphics for organizing inspirational magazine clippings and photos.

15 comments:

silly eagle books said...

I am guilty of both hoarding magazines and also hoarding piles of torn out pages that I mean to file away "someday". This has renewed my desire to actually do something about the piles! Thank you for the inspiration.

Miki said...

I am actually good about recycling my magazines but I do tear stuff out and have a disorganized mess with that. Love this organization idea, so thank you!!

Sinclair said...

I am a hoarder of old magazines also. I have so many potential uses lined up, in addition to the interesting articles to save. Paper beads. Paper bowls. Collage greeting cards. Trouble is, I have so many other projects going that I never get to the paper projects! Thanks for the organizing thoughts.
http://hoardersunite.blogspot.com

Patricia said...

me too i am a hoarder!!!
love this idea!!

Cathy said...

Good idea, thanks for sharing along with your graphics. I could use a filing system like this just for all the crafts and quilting ideas I collect.

Crafterella said...

This is such a great way to keep track of all you to-dos, I actually out grew file folders a long time ago and now have an entire file box (I may have to upgrade to a file cabinet if my hoarding keeps up) devoted to keeping all my saved articles and I use it a lot. You're so right having all you clippings organized makes it a lot easier to find and use the ideas, thanks for sharing the cute graphics too!

Dolce Baci said...

Thank you what a great idea!!

Tea Potty said...

Yes, yes, yes this is me. Thanks for this idea. I keep clips that I use for ideas and inspiration in clear plastic page covers and store them in binders for quick and fast access.

blondiesvintage said...

I'm also a hoarder of magazines. Like right now, I have a big pile on my bedroom floor my cats like to rub their faces on, which results in knocking them over. Well, at least once a day I end up having to pile them all back up again! lol

Thanks for sharing your organizing tips!

Christie Cottage said...

LOL Last year I cleared out all the hoarded magazines!
I still have about 10 vintage ones, but they are in a binder made specifically for holding magazines over wires. I was so happy to get rid of them. The pages I wanted are in a craft drawer of patterns and ideas. Those that weren't torn from were donated to a used book shop. Others were donated to friends who were interested in them.

It is so easy to find ourselves hoarding them again!

Have a wonderful day!

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

So glad I found your blog. I love all the projects you share with us and will be back.

Ciao,
Suzanne

Sandy said...

Cathe, so nice to meet you! I'll be writing for SCJ in a couple of months! Can't wait to meet you in Nash.

Hugs! So happy to peruse thru your blog!

kristiannep said...

Awesome thank you:)Kristi

The Old Parsonage said...

Ohh yes, I can relate. We have one pile that is almost wait high right beside our piano:(

Leann

Artsnark said...

I just found the coolest fake books at Michael's. They're actually boxes sized perfectly for a stack of magazines.