Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas 1967

I went through some old childhood photos a couple of weeks ago, and I got such a kick out of finding myself in my fabulous new mod robe, zipper slippers and proudly holding my just-unwrapped Pop-Up Animal Alphabet Book from my Aunt Erma. Remember when Christmas joy was found in the simplest of things?

22 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I was born in 75 but I'm sure I had that same book! Love the picture, too cute :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

You were stylin'!
I love old photos! such fun!

susanc said...

Very cute!

Becky @ The Shea Family said...

awww how cute!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love your sweet picture! I agree about Christmas being about the simpler things. We're trying to revive that tradition in our home this year.
Holiday Blessings,
Donna

Artsnark said...

Great picture! And a wonderful gift too

Paper Paradise said...

This photo reminded me so much of a photo of me and my little sister stood posing in front of the tree just like you. We didn't have a lot, but we sure knew how to make the most of what we had. These memories are what it's all about. Thanks so much, I'm off to dig the photo out! x

Sophie.J said...

It's so sweet to looked back to our photo sometimes, bring back a lots of memories.
And for your question,
Yes! we are easily content for what we have before. I remember I just like to open up a present, it's a addict actually. No matter what it is inside.

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

sooo cute! you were adorable:)
I was about your age and do remember Christmas being soooo simple!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Oh, you were a cutie! I remember zipper slippers....but also slipper socks!

I remember just the excitement of decorating the tree used to put me over the moon!

mairedodd said...

what you say is so true - a wonderful book, a toy or stuffed animal... all so much more simple... the material expectations not being what they are now, with holiday advertising starting before halloween... how much fun, how much joy being equated with how much received... it is a constant dialogue that goes on with my kids and i, and yet, i know that when the comparisons go down at the lunch tables and on the buses, our talks will seem to fail to hold the weight... it is something that causes me great duress in this sweetest of seasons and detracts from the meaning of giving...

cupcake studio said...

What a great photo. Wishing you a lovely Christmas!

La Table De Nana said...

Adorable..I just want to thank you for everything..and wish you all the best for this Holiday Season.

Smitonius said...

oh, that was my first Xmas - at that point my nickname was prune and I was but 12 days old.... I wonder what I was given?

Malinda said...

I just discovered your blog, and I am completely blown away by your talent and generosity. My husband was looking over my shoulder, making suggestions of how we could use some of your techniques and graphics. I wish you Merry Simple Christmas and a Creative New Year!!

Kristina said...

I love this photo!
Here you are holding an alphabet book and years later you are a graphics artist with a penchant for monograms ... coincidence? I think not.

T.Allen said...

Awesome. I especially love how you tilted your head ever so slightly in the same direction then as you have in your profile pic. Amazing, huh?

Have a wonderful creative Christmas, Cathe. {Hugs}

Melinda said...

Yes, and I like to go back to simplier times--especialy if there is NO STRESS.
Simplier Times. Ahhhhhhh.

Melinda

Jill said...

You are cute as a bug--and I would kill for that chair your sister? is sitting in now.

Anonymous said...

Could you be any more precious?! :o)

Merry Christmas!

Just Me said...

Gosh, reminds me of old pics I have, very cute.

Country Gal said...

Oh my gosh, I think my little brother had the same book, he was born in '68 so it's possible. If I ever find that same book would love to pass it along to you. I too love old vintage photos as such...the oldest of four, those photos bring back many happy memories.