Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweet Home Petaluma

It’s so wonderful to be part of the great community of Petaluma, California. A historic rivertown just upstream from San Francisco. Our children attend Petaluma Junior High and Petaluma High School, my husband is a Captain with the Petaluma Fire Department, and I spend my days happily designing and crafting, nestled away in our little slice of heaven among the dairies and vineyards just outside of town.
Today is especially wonderful as I am excited to finally welcome Petaluma readers to my blog, directed here by a fun feature in today’s local newspaper, The Argus Courier. The Community section has a great article about local crafters, written by Yovanna Bieberich. You can read the article HERE. The photo of me is by photographer Nina Zhito, which you may remember I’ve profiled before HERE and HERE.

Welcome Petalumans!

To thank you for visiting my blog, I designed a fun graphic for T-shirts, magnets, coffee mugs and more. You can order your own HERE!
I hope you’ll stay a while and enjoy my journal of creative inspiration.

25 comments:

suzi54241 said...

Congrats on the press, great logo design too. Bravo.

Lissie said...

Congrats ont the press! How Fun! :)

Jenn Kirk said...

Very cool on the feature, Cathe!

GrannySmithGreen said...

O.K., every time I visit your blog I am just blown away by your creativity. Please, please share with all of us readers your "top 10 must haves" for your creative space. I'd love to know what you keep on hand at all time just to make what's in your imagination a reality!

EmandaJ said...

What a wonderful feature! Great logo too. And for you Petaluma visitors, Cathe always has something wonderful for her readers --so come back soon and often!

Emanda
www.Artemisiastudio.blogspot.com

Natalie T. said...

Love Petaluma and your blog too! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading the article this morning with my coffee. Proud to be in Petaluma!

Georgia Peachez said...

Dairies and vineyards, sounds divine! xo, suzy

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

How wonderful to get your time in the spotlight! Nice picture.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY! And to think I knew you when your readership was only a bit over 1000......

I'm very happy; it's so well deserved!

Kim From Jersey said...

Congrats on the article, Cathe! Petaluma sounds like a lovely place to live!

Sheri said...

Congrats! I have 2 Aunts and Uncles who live in Petaluma. One of my Uncle's works for the San Rafael Fire Dept. Too Funny!

Fanie.ca said...

It's fun when the "real life" mix in with the online life. :-) I never heard of Petaluma before but it looks like a lovely place to live.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

The logo is wonderful! -chelsey

Kathi D said...

I love that logo!

A million years ago, I worked for Macy's SF, and one of my duties was to field calls from customers whose furniture didn't get delivered on time. Our stock response was, "The truck broke down in Petaluma." Worked every time.

Local Girl said...

It sounds like a beautiful part of the world and I love the design you've done to celebrate it. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing x

Kate Riley said...

Hi Cathe! I've been visiting your blog for over a month and love it! Surprise surprise, I'm a fellow Petaluman. I have a stepdaughter at PHS. My friend Elise over at Mama Cow Designs turned me on to you, then I saw you in the Argus ! Congrats.

Hope you'll visit my blog someday soon.

Cheers to your creativity - you're amazing !

Kate

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

I found your blog through...um...well, I can't remember the name of it...but imagine my surprise when I see PETALUMA! Wow!! I lived there for quite a few years, and my dad and I were just talking about it the other day!! Making me reminisce all over again.... :)

Dallas Designing-Diva said...

Congrats on the press.Well deserved.

Cristin said...

Thats so cool!!! Fabulous newspaper to feature you, obviously :-) I'm in Ohio... but I NEED one of those T-shirts! Cheers!

Mitzi Curi said...

That picture of you in the paper looks lovely! Congratulations on the well-deserved publicity. Petaluma is lucky to have your family among it's citizens!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a wonderful story. Petaluma is a sweet town. Love to visit there. So glad I found you again. I lost my harddrive and couldn't remember your blog's name and I'm so happy to find you after many searches! Thank you for your inspiration!

Cindi said...

Congrats to a "local" girl. (I live a few hours north of you, near Eureka.) You deserve it. Could I ask a question? Could you point me in the right direction? I'm looking for information on craft fairs that may take place in your neck of the woods. Thanks whether you can help or not. And congrats again.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Congrats on the fun press! It's nice to be recognized:-) You deserve it!

debra gilstrap said...

Great feature and don't you just enjoy and love that you're able to be doing what you love to do on a daily bases. This article is so inspiring.