Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day

Mother
Virginia Blanck Moore

They say nobody’s perfect,
And I guess perhaps that’s so,
But looking back across the years
On Mother’s Day, I know
That though she isn’t perfect,
The mother I hold dear,
There’s no one in the whole wide world
Who comes so very near.

The good she does is infinite.
She labors without end
To make this life a happier one
For family and for friend.
It is to her that others turn
At times when skies are gray,
An never are the needy ones
Turned unconsoled away.

I hope somehow that through the years
Her generous heart has learned
The love she’s given without stint
Is a thousand times returned.
I hope she knows this Mother’s Day
How deep is the affection
In which she’s held by those who feel
She’s not far from perfection.

I’m wishing all of you a beautiful Mother’s day, either in celebration or remembrance, or both. And to my sweet mother, I miss you dearly, hugs & kisses from your daughter. Thank you for being my mom and for gifting me your creativity.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great poem. Happy Mother's Day!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a sweet and lovely tribute. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Ali said...

I just used this poem in my Mother's Day card. (And not a second too soon!) Thanks Cathe!! Happy Mother's Day to you!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Wonderful post! Right back at ya!

La Table De Nana said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too:)

dragonflydreamer said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Tonje said...

What a sweet card and wonderful poem!

T.Allen said...

What a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing. Have an absolutely fantastic Mother's Day!

JAS-- said...

Happy Mother's Day right back atcha!

I just found your blog and LOVE your graphic sensibilities. Lots of good info, too, and thanks so much for the freebies. I'm gonna try one or two on my blog.

Domestic Designer said...

Lovely poem. Happy Mother's Day!

xashee's corner said...

Happy Mother's day to you! :)

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog and LOVE it! I'm definitely adding your button link to my sidebar!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

This beautiful Mother's Day post was linked on my blog!

Juanita said...

The poem touched my soul. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I'm having a secret giveaway - shhhh! Come see . . .

http://lifeloveladybugs.blogspot.com

elsie said...

lovely, lovely poem! just discovered your blog on splendid little stars and I love it!! come on over and visit me sometime:
http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Just found your blog and love it! Will be back to check you out!!!