It was one of those days when I had just picked up an unusual bundle of new-old-stock library storage boxes at the thrift store, not knowing exactly how they would look assembled, but curious enough to pay $4.50. Turns out they were the perfect size for the greeting cards I was soon to discover.
So long story short, after a lovely afternoon of sitting outside in the sunshine sorting through adorable stationery, I now have hundreds of nicely organized vintage greeting cards.
...All in a day’s work my friends.
(Yes, I eventually did make it to the store for food.)

33 comments:
oooo..... What are you going to do with them?
Great find but what do you do with all of them? Do you use them as greeting cards?
Splendid and sassy-
I don't know yet. I pick up stuff I think is cool and store it away until something hits me.
They were about 75% Christmas, so maybe in the fall I'll bring those out to make stuff.
Ideas?
I am sure you will create something wonderful with those cards. Can't wait to see!
Awesome find! Those little boxes make my heart beat just a little faster.....I do have a thing for paper and cardboard. Good for you!
ok...you must really hate grocery shopping to opt for the dump LOL!!
You find the coolest treasures over there.
Caryn
SCORE ! ! ! Lucky. Hmm . . . I wonder if our dump has a store . . .
BEAUTIFUL,BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ALL OF THEM?IM SURE YOU HAVE A PLAN!HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND,FAYE
I find they make great gift tags..cut off the back.. even shape the front..punch a hole..add ribbon..glitter..buttons..
(You have so many pretties..you could make them all look like a million dollars)
You found them because nice matters:)
Those boxes totally rock!!
Fantastic!
Here's another idea for using the c-mas cards (besides as cards)...cut off the front of the card, punch a hole and tie to a c-mas present. On the back of the card, write the "to, from" info. I do this with cards I receive every year...I cut the fronts off (or sometimes use my giant punches to punch them out) and save them for tags for the following year. That way I don't have to buy any tags, and it's a great way to recycle. Plus, they are very unique tags!
Or you can always use them as c-mas cards. LOL
I just read the comments and see someone else was thinking the same way as I was. ha!
Great finds!! Wish I could have gone shopping with you!
Take Care - Robin
That certainly sounds more fun than grocery shopping - I don't like to do that either!
~TidyMom
I just gave you a blog award! Your blog is amazing, to say the least! Hope you can head over to my blog and "retrieve" it. :)
Thanks for all you create for us to enjoy!
Ruth
What awesome finds, and I love how they worked together to be so nice and organized!
That is a find! Unfortunately, our dump has nothing like that and is indeed just what it says - a dump!
I wish our dump had a "recycle area". I'd go every week.
What fabulous finds. To be able to find such treasures as well as immediately organizing it all is awesome.
How cool is that! Instant clip art!
how about making scenery postcards with them? Cut out parts from different cards and make a Christmas/Winter scene as one final postcard?
Lots of potential in those vintage cards. Bookmarks, tags, magnets, coasters, covers to little note books that you can tuck in your purse.....fun, fun possibilities!
I see a Mod Podge project in that box. . . of course, right? :D
cathe-
i just found your blog several days ago and love it! we've passed along an award to you...hope you can stop by.
kim
What a perfect find! Love vintage cards too, they sure have the cutest illustrations!
how fun!!! How about using them to make holiday albums for friends and family for gifts? You could attach several together for a darling "album". the possibilities are endless...cover one of those boxes for gift giving!!
Cathe, this is OUTSTANDING! I wish I had a place like that near me...boy, do I wish!!
Wow, what a score...I love the dump, we call it the swap shop. Everything is free to those who can use it. My husband is down there every day looking for a treasure. Last week there was stained glass windows which you would have loved....There were 6 and we ended up selling them on Craigslist.
Congrats, can't wait to see them reappear.
Oh I am so jealous of your find, there is no way I'd find such awesome stuff in the dump!
Your wonderful projects continue to amaze me.
I love to check out your blog because you cover SO many interesting topics- like this great one about going to the dump! It's such a thrill to find some new treasure in the rough and think, "What can I make with this?"
A good find, I'm sure the graphics will come in handy for a variety of uses.
Good for you! Now I'm wondering if our dump has such a thing as a recycle shop... Sounds much more fun than grocery shopping, certainly!!!
Ideas: gift tags, remade cards, decorated gift boxes, place cards, thank you notes (after Christmas), decorations!!!
Post a Comment