This is Little Betty, one of my alter egos. Little Betty’s not afraid to show her knees (or upper thighs for that matter) and wears her little white boots everywhere and with every outfit. And the absence of a flat tummy allows for the maximum flare necessary to show off her fully fringed skirt. There’s a pink pony, just off camera, waiting to take her back to her studio to play with her box of 32 Crayolas and stack of construction paper. Like I mentioned, she’s only one of my alter egos. One of the others is wearing black nail polish and tartan plaid. And yet another, red Chuck Taylor high-tops and a yellow, floral spring skirt.Random, I know... I thought of Little Betty today when my friend, Karen, e-mailed me a link to a fantastic website, The Pioneer Woman. I’ve never seen anything like it. Be warned if you go, you’ll want to pack a lunch, you may be there for a very long time. If you are into or getting into photography and Photoshop, you’re going to especially be hooked.

The photo of the cowgirl I named Little Betty, (I don’t know her real name), is one I found in a pile of other vintage photographs that I picked up at a flea market somewhere. I always wonder how something so precious can be left behind, never to find itself into the album of a family member. So I adopted her...as part of myself.

15 comments:
Oh she's very cute! I like the descriptions of your alter egos-look forward to meeting the rest of them. At this point I have only one vintage photo that I relate to in the way you describe-she's wearing an apron and smoking a pipe! *Laughs*
Oh you are going to LOVE reading the Pioneer Women. She is fantastic :) Little Betty is real cute to go along with your alter egos *grin*.
Wow, what a finding, the Pioner Woman is awesome!
I LOVE Pioneer Woman!
What a fun post this was. :)
I love that you have alter egos!!
She is adorable, isn't she. I have a stack of vintage photos myself and the funny thing is, I inherited them from my grandmother. There are many we can't for the life of place as family members! Still, there is something special about these as you found in your Little Betty.
How cute... wonder who she really was...
Yes, Pioneer Woman is one that will get you hooked.
You have discovered my two daily obsessions, reading your blog, and Ree's...The Pioneer Woman. Ree had a contest a few weeks ago, and asked for the name of one of your favorite blogs, and I listed YOU!
You will love Ree's post. She has tons a great giveaways. Love the pic too!
Keep it Sweet,
Suzy
I haven't even made it to the blog yet, I got lost in her love story for about two hours this afternoon and cannot wait to finish it! If you haven't read it yet, secure a big cup of coffee and a few hours of silence. It is precious...
what a great photo! i know a little girl who actually looks like betty! pamela
I am so glad you found Pioneer Woman..her site it amazing. Little Betty was destined to find you.
Love the picture. I am such a history/genealogy nut so I can't understand how precious photos get left behind either. Glad you rescued it!
Oh Little Betty is just darling - and PW is one of my fav blogs!! she has AWESOME photography giveaways every now and then too!!
~TidyMom
I just found your blog and love it! I visit Pioneer Woman and I'm going to try many of her recipes. So far, I've tried the Chicken Spaghetti and I highly recommend it!
Post a Comment