Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Best of JSIM


Everyone draws a blank on blogging now and then, right? Today is one of those days. So I put a shout-out on Twitter for ideas and the replies led me to this: The Best of JSIM.

Today I’m choosing a blog post from last August that received so much attention and comments- I couldn’t believe it. So if you haven’t dug that far back into my blog, here’s the LINK!

There’s also a more recent and shorter napkin post for the day I went full-color HERE!

Enjoy!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!!! I remember reading the black/white ones... but not the Yosemite ones. They look great.

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is so cute! LOVE IT! I love everything you do!
~Sandy toe

Anonymous said...

Wow Cathe! They're incredible! I bet the other kids get jealous when they see your napkins in your kids' lunch boxes. :P

Missy said...

Such a good use of your artistic talent! Making memories and traditions your children will probably carry on!

Unknown said...

OMG, those napkins are the cutest!! Okay, off to read your other posts

TidyMom said...

I LOVE those!! They really are amazing and what awesome keepsakes your kids have of their childhood!!

~TidyMom

Unknown said...

Wow, those are amazing! You are very talented. Thanks so much for sharing your "best of" post, I'm going to keep digging, though! :)

Karli said...

I enjoy your blog so, so much. You have such wonderful ideas! I am certainly going to share this napkin idea with a few friends. LOVELY!

Katie said...

I have gone back quite a ways through the archive but I hadn't seen this one before. You are the ultimate napkin note giver! I used to see some when on lunch duty with my kinders but they were a quick message with a smiley face. Yours are on another level completely. I must say though, the kids with the smiley faces still kept theirs so I think no matter the level art ability this is a wonderful idea!

GrannySmithGreen said...

This is absolutely precious! What a wonderful treat for your children--and you too!

Just found your blog and I'm more than impressed!
-GSG
http://grannysmithgreen.blogspot.com

Shandell's said...

I write a note in my boyfriends lunch every day. Love yours

BlueCastle said...

Oh wow, those are so adorable! My mom and I used to write notes like that, on the same kind of napkins. Never as artistic as yours, but it was fun to find them. :)

Junie Moon said...

They're ever so cute. A little bit of love in someone's lunchbox is always welcome.

Faye said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG. YOU HAVE SOME AWSOM IDEAS!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Those are so cute! Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for an award here :) http://rosinahuber.blogspot.com/2009/02/lemonade-award.html

Alisha said...

Those are great. Mom mom reminded me of when I used to put them in her lunch back when I still lived with them. In fact, I used to draw on the tea container (a used, clean, milk jug) as well and her coworkers used to have so much fun with it. I look forward to doing that with my daughter as well. Thanks for reminding me that the smallest things are still appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathe...GET WELL SOOOOOOON!

Caryn

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathe -

Nathan came home from school the other day and told me that Kayla's mom writes her stuff on her napkin, can you do that too? "Well, sure I can Nathan, except that you can't read yet, so what should I write?" He told me to write I ("heart" - picture of) U. So the next day I get a paper towel, fold it in a square and write, Nathan I (heart) U. Mom. Then I drew the lamest picture of what was supposed to look like a boy but really didn't look anything like one. A couple of days later I said - hey - did you see that I wrote something on your napkin? - and he said - yeah - I see you tried to draw me. Maybe next time you can draw like Eqypt in the background. Yeah OK.

Stareidlamb said...

This is so cute! My mom used to write notes (like 'I <3 You') on our bananas and draw faces on our oranges. I loved it and my friends all thought I had the coolest mom. This will just add to the fun when I have kids. Thanks!