With the new year comes new ideas- so to start, I finally changed my blog avatar from my business logo (red truck) to my blog and craft identity: The Bird. No, I didn’t illustrate it, or really even design it, I simply found it and scanned it from a clip-art book. (Sometimes, you just take short cuts, because well, they work.)

And second, I opened a new little Etsy shop for vintage goodies. I’m starting with some fun little vintage brooches.
Click on the graphic or photo to see my new shop!

I’ll also be de-stashing things I thought I once needed, but really should pass along, you know, just let go. Holden’s Vintage Goods is the name I used for many years of selling antiques in local shops -I have always loved it. (The sign in the photo is from my antiquing days, it now hangs in my design studio.)

So welcome to 2009, the year I simplify the clutter in my life.

7 comments:
The new avatar goes well with the banner. Here's hoping for lots of sales in your new vintage shop in '09!
I love the crown with the teal stones :) Best wishes for 2009!
New things are always refreshing! I also have to say as a fellow graphic designer that shortcuts rock, and THAT is a beautiful bird illo. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Good luck with your new shop. I just bought one of your sketchbooks. Now I'll think of you when I doodle:-)
Great avatar. Sweet, vintage and classy. Your new ideas are wonderful. Best of luck for great sales in 2009!
I'm with you on simplifying the clutter! My 2 words for 2009 are Peace and Purpose. And doing a "Purge" of clutter and stuff is 1st on my list!! :) LOOOOVE the sign you did in the window by the way, just lovely! Have a very Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Stacey
Awesome new etsy shop...love the avatar too :) Happy new year!
Post a Comment