I’m not so sure I should be sharing the photo of Jeff and I in our Halloween costumes from last year, but what the heck, here it is. We wore these to an adult party. I promise I didn’t show up to the kid’s school like this!I had seen several episodes of Reno 911 and it always cracked me up. So I went as Deputy Clementine and Jeff went as Lieutenant Dangle. It wasn’t until well after Halloween that I actually saw Reno 911: Miami, the movie. Someone gave it to us as a gift and I literally threw it away after watching less than 20 minutes of it. So, my disclaimer is that we aren’t really portraying R rated charactors here, just the PG13 ones.
We have a good friend in the Sheriff’s department that gave us a few of his old shirts. Another friend in the Highway Patrol loaned us the belt I’m wearing. I bought Reno 911 badges and Jeff’s gloves off of eBay, and had name badges made through the trophy shop. I ironed brown fabric stripes to my khaki pants, and hemmed up some clearance-sale shorts for Jeff. I bought my wig and his mustache at the costume shop and his wig at the thrift store.
There was a close-up shot of the actor’s uniform online so referring tho that I was able to recreate the arm patches in Adobe Illustrator and print them out onto fabric which I then sewed onto the shirt sleeves.The cop car used for this photo op was courtesy of a police officer we found on our way to the party. This was the most fun we’d had in a long time! And just for a point of reference, this is what we really look like:


15 comments:
This is my favorite post of all! I was cracking up! I love the costumes. You guys looked great!! Jeff legs looked great too!!! Hee Hee! I have never seen Reno 911, but now I am curious:) You two are the cutest couple ever.When you write about Jeff, I can feel your adoration for him, I love that! It is nice to see a couple like you two so in love after all these years. Keep up the great work.
That is THE best costume EVER. Although, his shorts just aren't tight enough. The show never ceases to crack me up...but I haven't seen the movie...
Tania, You're such a dear friend. Thank you for seeing the love and humor in our totally sleezy moment.
Lisa Jo Perdue- That was the #1 comment of the night. Pants not tight or short enough! Ha ha!
I love it! I've seen a handful of the shows, too, but not the movie. You guys look so great!
And I'll have to agree with the short-tightness issue, haha.
Good job!
-Robin Lynne
www.robinlynne.org
ha , i never saw it. you too look so different in the two pics :)you look like real cops.
Oh my gosh. That is hilarious!!!
I've never even heard of this show (now in search of tawdry TV) you guys look funny so the show must be over the top! Your husband is such a good sport, Joe never obliges in my Halloween hijinks...
TOO cool! I love it. You are so clever.
This is too funny!! :) Great picture!
I left you an award on my blog today--come by to check it out!
Blessings,
Stacey
Great get-ups, look like you're from Redneck Country. Hope you won the Best Costume award at the party!
Oh Cathe! This is awesome. I love Reno 911 and you guys looked fantastic!
OMG!!! We are soul sistas! ha. My hubby and I love this show. I can't wait to show him this pic.
You've got to enter this on my Halloween blog party. Hilarious.
http://www.livinglocurto.com/?p=622
These Reno 911 costumes are awesome! Glad you did share this : )
You guys are totally cool!
Reminds me of the time I told the ministers at my church (I used to work in the office at church) what our fave Christmas movie tradition was...(they were standing outside my office talking about traditional Christmas movies so I wanted in on the conversation) I had only see the "TV version" Die Hard (the original). They kinda acted embarrased and dispersed. IT was until later that someone gave us the move... uh-oh! I guess they put me on their "prayer list" LOL
sweetjeanette.blogspot.com
HILARIOUS! I can tell you and your hubby have lots of fun together! Wish I could talk mine into dressing up for H'ween! This is great, and ya'll are an adorable couple!
Post a Comment