A few months ago I took on the challenge offered up by another blogger to remove the Comment Word Verification feature from my blog. You know, that scrambled bunch of letters you have to type into the little box, a few times if you get it wrong. It’s not really even a word, so I don’t know why they call it that.
I comment on so many blogs in a day, that I loose count. The word verification always jumbles me up. So as a courtesy to my blog readers, I removed mine, but kept my Comment Moderation feature on. That feature is great so I never miss reading a comment and often times clicking over to the blog of the commenter to return the visit. I am blessed to receive some of the nicest comments on my blog, and have never had any problem since removing the WV feature. I’ve only had a handful of comments over the months that I chose not to publish, because they were either spammy or of a political nature (not the tone of my blog.) I hope those of you who comment often have found it much more pleasant and easy to continue to do so, because I truly appreciate your visits. And if you’re so inclined, please pay it forward, and feel free to use the above graphics from this post if you want to pass on the suggestion.
Now, back to artsy things.

16 comments:
I totally agree with you on this. I added a widget to the side bar of my blog to remind all who come to it. You could do the same!I like your picture to go with it better! LOL
Love reading your blog!
I agree. I too use comment moderation instead of word verification. I find it easier to sort out spam or inappropriate comments.
I don't use it either. Yay for removing it!
oh yes, i agree too, as an often one handed typer (the other hand is holding a child). the only problem was that blogger changed on me and added the picture verification without me knowing. arg...
I'll have to change this. I totally agree.
-chelsey
I just started a blog, and this was one thing (of many, I'm learning!) that I hadn't really thought of. Thanks for making commenting so much easier here.
I'll be thinking about your strategy because I'm loving the convenience.
What a great idea. I may just have to implement that.
In the couple of months that I've been blogging, I've been wondering about this. Word verification is now removed (I feel so much better, I always thought it was annoying) and I have turned on comment moderation. Thanks for the tip!
Great post.
I've never used the word verification or even comment approval & I've never really had a problem.
I just get email notifications with new comments & that works for me!
Thank you!!
For us serious blog addicts, this is one extra step that is nice to avoid. :)
I don't have it or even comment verification or ANYTHING on my blog comments. Only about once every 6 weeks or so I get a spam post and I just delete it. Other than that, no problems.
Hi, Enjoyed reading your blog posts - I have a few favorite quotes that I use on my screen saver to remind me every day of the power we can call on - one of them is ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE - just wanted to share that with you tonite.
C
This is a great idea! I think I'll adopt that strategy as well.
I think I am going to switch to comment moderation. I can't stand those word verifications (no that I blame folks for having them) because half the time I guess at the letters, LOL!
PS... have you considered adding a follow me gadget to your blog. I love your blog and I would love to follow it.
Done! You do have a point, it was sorta like it being there type thing you don't notice it til it got pointed out :-D
I like the idea too! Most often I can't even figure out what the letters are and I guess . . . ususally wrong . . . and have to do it again. Very annoying!
love the book covers. you must have read my mind. Your blog alltogether is very nice easy to read and follow. Excellent.
Thanks so much for all you share
Jennifer
Post a Comment