Tuesday, September 30, 2008
The Price is Right
Well, I clearly have some pretty savvy blog readers! (See previous post.) Lots of you shoppers seem just like me. If this mail cabinet had been a $300 item I would have taken a deep breath and kept walking. But it was actually priced at $150 and I was able to buy it for $115. One-fifteen for a cool piece of art is pretty good I think. (To me, it’s art.) I adore anything with compartments and have no idea why. For now this primitive lovely will tuck into a corner of my living room unless we decide it will look better over the couch. I’ll be filling it with tiny white pumpkins, then later , vintage ornaments. Thanks for playing along with me everyone, it really was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It's gorgeous. Worth every penny!
I have two of these. The smaller one sits in my living room by the door. We all keep our shoes in it. It has been a great piece. Sorry to say I paid a fraction of that for mine at an estate sale.
It is awesome.
It is awesome - I covet it.
Wow. I am SOOO with you on the compartment thing. Yesterday we went to the Container Store and saw plenty of items that got my attention. My husband said "anything with compartments, right?" Right! What a great find! And did you paint this already? The color looks different in the two pics.
I want to know about your chair!! Where did you get that? Did YOU upholster it? Did it come that way? Which brand? ETC! Please spill all the info . . . .
Hi Robyn. The chair is one of a pair I special ordered 3 or 4 years ago at the Macy's Home Store. The flowers always look more pink than red, but the darkest parts of the floral is red and coordinates with the solid red couch I purchased in the same design. Thanks for asking!
Thanks much! I luuuv this here chair of yours - must try and find me one.
Actually from what I can tell, I could live quite happily with any/all of your home furnishings :>
Post a Comment