This is not just something I made. This is something I just bought 20 minutes ago at the recycle area of our county dump. Are you ready for this? Three dollars.
The signature reads either H. Elling or H. Ellina.
Now all she needs is a name and a story. Leave your idea in the comments and I will choose my favorite. If yours is chosen, I will promise to update this post with your blog info and email you something super fun to use on your blog. (Be sure to leave your contact information.)
Please note that I moderate all comments, so please keep it nice.

9 comments:
In the late 60ies, 23 year old Hugo Elling travelled to italy to study people, country, the language and to draw the nice landscape. At the end of his 5 month stay he met lovely Valentina, a 17 year old farmer daughter who sold flowers at the little piazza in a town called Perugia. Hugo fell in love immediately and he painted a picture of Valentina. Unfortunately he had to fly back to New York and never met Valentina again. But the picture in his diningroom made him think of the romantic time they had in the hot summer of 69 everytime he looked at it.
Many greetings from germany! Katja
katja! Wow! Can you send your contact information to me?
catheholden@comcast.net
How beautiful she is !
what a great story Katja !
She made me think of Gypsies, a beautiful Romani girl.
what a wonderful find Cathe !
Made me think of Jackie Kennedy, don't know why, but she has that look.
Maybe her long lost daughter?
First time commenting... love your blog/designs. She looks hawaiian or filipina to me. The flowers in her hair give me more of an island vibe.
Her name is Gilda, and what you can't see is that she is holding a basket of freshly picked oranges. It is questionable where she is taking the fruit.
Her name is Valdirene, She is at her wedding reception and enjoying the festivities of being newly wed. Family has painted her to remember the special occassion. fortunately for her, her family can paint.
Wow! I don't think I can compete with Katja. But I think she looks like a lovely "Luciana"
That's the best I can do.
It is beautiful though, I love toing to the transfer station too!!! So many cool things to find.
Thanks for the nice comment about Bruce...we are very happy!
Cathe, thank you so much for sharing a bit about you and your sisters. For me, I'm the middle one.
I find that no matter how different we all seem (all peoples) there are always things in common :)
Post a Comment