Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Jewelry Box


A few years back I purchased a new Machinist’s tool chest on ebay to serve as my jewelry box. Depending on the drawer configuration, they run from $50 to $80 plus around $30-$40 for shipping. I found one with white felt interior.

In Adobe Illustrator, I combined a beautiful victorian graphic of a bird carrying a letter with a poem my husband wrote to me for Valentine’s day that year.
I printed the graphic and laminated (3M spray adhesive) it to the front.

And that’s it. Easy.

I LOVE my jewelry box!!

Click to enlarge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome jewelry box! I like it a lot!

erin, maker of chimes said...

My cousin's wife had her great-gradnfather's tool box refinished and uses it as a jewelry box too. She's really into horse shows, so the large size works great for storing her prize buckles too. Doesn't hurt that it looks great sitting out too!