Click on photo to enlarge.Did I mention I live near the county dump? You’d be surprised what I can find at the recycle area there. A case of cover-less, blank 4"x6" journal/sketchbooks!
I’ve spent months deciding which of the dozens of ideas I would try first with them. Then today, EUREKA! I figured out how to print on fabric AND it so happens that I needed a gift for my mother-in-law’s birthday tomorrow.
My first try was with a graphic I’d previously designed. I wrapped the fabric around the book using spray adhesive. But cut edges weren’t “cutting” it. So my next try was to overprint the area and fold over the covers, glueing a piece of paper to the inside to hide the rough edges. Once figured out, I created a book for Ellen and some stationery cards to match.
I plan to make and sell the rest of the books at either a craft fair or on Etsy one day. I’ll post all the new designs once they’re done.

5 comments:
These are very pretty. What a nice gift!
You found those at the recycle area near the dump? Is the recycle area where people drop stuff off and you pick through it free? That is uber-cool! I need to visit there!
That is an AWESOME FIND!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to see pictures of the journals as you get them finished. So many things you could do with those. Ah... endless fun!
What sort of fabric do you use for printing and what printer do you use?This looks just so amazing!
Hi featherr, for these I actually used a sheet. For others I've done (look at other post entitled "Good bye Mrs. Rinaldi) I used plain white cotton, $3/yd. I ironed and adhered it to paper then ran through my desktop Epson inkjet printer. It's pretty easy.
Thanks for reading my blog!
I have just discovered your blog, and I have read it entirely. Your work is awesome, congrats!
Post a Comment